1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TTAC: Slow EV Sales Disappoint And Frustrate Nissan COO

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by a_gray_prius, Nov 6, 2012.

1. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

thats probably because someone misjudged the demand originally.

No amount of advertising will sell tens of thousands of leafs in UK per year.

So I bet Nissan UK is in a bit of pickle - Japanese office wants them to push the Leaf to prove there was demand while they get less results when they advertise it vs Juke for instance, and at the end, they are responsible if they dont sell enough cars in total.

2. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Leaf is too expensive and the range is too low. I've had a 54 miles rt commute recently and I'm not sure I'd be comfortable getting home with 10 miles reserve. Sometimes I do near 70 mph if running a little late. Not sure how Leaf range depletes at 70 mph.

My lady friend who's not into cars said 'you know you've got to add wiring in garage to make those (EV's) work'. She also said they're expensive and she wouldn't want to get stuck with its short range / get stranded.

3. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The Leaf is a perfect car for the person who drives very short distances near there home. A Hybrid is better for the second car and long distances.

austingreen likes this.