1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tundra will stall Toyota juggernaut

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by malorn, Sep 21, 2006.

1. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Sure doesn't look as though Toyota's truck sales are stalling at all, actually. :p

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID...NEWS99/61003017

“While crossovers, hybrids and small cars continue to show strength, our SUVs and full-size trucks also posted solid gains,” Jim Lentz, executive vice president of Toyota Motor Sales, said in a statement. “It’s the breadth of our lineup that enables us to satisfy today’s buyers.”

2. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JackDodge @ Oct 3 2006, 03:44 PM) [snapback]327522[/snapback]</div>
    Next Monday I will get you the actual truck and suv numbers Toyota posted. If you take out the RAV$ numbers, a whole different story.

3. San_Carlos_Jeff

San_Carlos_Jeff Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(malorn @ Oct 3 2006, 04:26 PM) [snapback]327578[/snapback]</div>
    The RAV did do well, as did the Tundra.

From an article here (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/fn/4233056.html):
    "Some of the strongest growth was for Toyota's Rav4, up to 11,551 units from 5,743, and Toyota's Tundra pickup, up to 12,609 units from 7,253."

4. mastergunnera8

mastergunnera8 Junior Member

Well, since Malorn gets to drive Chevy's for free...I'd drive one too...and since he makes his living off selling them, I'd go down swinging too...

Really though, I pray that GM profits and competes with Toyota...and if they can get to the point where they are as reliable, then they will be...

And for the record, as a long time truck buyer, the links to the new Tundra show a REALLY ugly truck...too bad, I love Tundras...or used too anyway...and the new GM's look great...

I'll buy another Chevy truck when I come to the point where I need and can afford to drive one...until then...I'm at 49MPG Avg...and saving over 1 hour of commuting time per day on the HOV lanes...

But the wife doesn't like it when I use the mini van for Home Depot runs...oh...THE safest and best built mini-van...Sienna...

Would have gone american there too...if the vans weren't rated so low on crash testing...and if I didn't have small kids that I want safe...and all my neighbors vans weren't falling apart...and my brother's...and my brother in law's too...

Same goes for them too...

Oh, and Prius sales were down because they produced fewer vehicles to allow for Hybrid Camry production...later...good luck...honestly wish you the best with your business...and that GM goes back to the top...

5. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mastergunnera8 @ Oct 3 2006, 11:00 PM) [snapback]327690[/snapback]</div>
    Speaking of ugly, Ford and Chrysler seem to go out of their way to make their pickups as ugly as possible. The Tundra is more pleasing to the eye than the F150 or the Ram. Let's see if we can make the grills as gawdy as we can and make the back ends so high that people behind them can't see a flipping thing except that ugly rear end.

6. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ShellyT @ Sep 22 2006, 10:35 AM) [snapback]323388[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, I believe the problem is the remarkably xenophobic attitude of some (but certainly not all) pickup truck drivers.

When one holds a belief based primarily upon faith, it's very difficult to change that belief...no matter how many logical arguments are presented. So, actually, it's not really about building a better product.

Let the castigation of Pinto_Girl begin.

7. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I agree. I was just giving my impress from years ago.

If the specs were right from the article, it looks like the Tundra will beat Ford in the unable to see around category.

8. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    word finally comes from southeast toyota today... it went something like this.

"so uh, you know how we told you to bust tail to get rid of all your 06 tundras? well as it turns out we don't have any more, toyota's not making any more, and the 07s aren't ready yet. you'll get them first of the year. have a great 4th quarter."

always the last to hear the real news... :rolleyes:

the sales department is livid, as is the owner (of course)... and they're working on refunding deposits as i type this.

so malorn was right about that part, the 07s aren't ready.