1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Turn Off Backup Beeper?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Raptorjak, Nov 27, 2003.

1. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco\";p=\"40522)</div>
    They seem to be a style of bulb that most US and Japanese manufacturers stopped using 6-8 years ago. I base this on the model years the bulb fits for all manufacturers. They have This Bulb for newer model US and Japanese vehicles but they don't list ANY Toyotas :-( Maybe Toyota is using a proprietary :pukeleft: bulb or even newer bulb, perhaps an LED cluster? I'll have to check when I get my car Friday..
    I think it is a GREAT idea. I originally thought the Prius backup beeper was for that purpose, warn people a silent vehicle was moving and didn't know why people wanted to turn it off. Then I found out it can only be heard inside and understood.
    I see they have a daytime running lights module for $30. Several people have posted a deire to have them in the U.S. Prius.

2. AugustM

AugustM New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks. The instructions worked great. I, too, was confused about putting it back into Park because I was thinking like Park on a "normal" gearshift, so I missed the whole thing about that getting it into Toggle Mode. Once I had that, I had it down.

Thanks again.

PS. It reminds me of the hardware modes you get into on Macs and PCs where you have to hold some key combination down as it boots up.