1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Turn off dash lights in Ready, Prius Camping

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by AndyZaa, Aug 30, 2021.

1. AndyZaa

AndyZaa Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm getting ready to do a round trip from NJ to Texas, and stealth camp in my 2006 Gen 2 US version along the way and while there. I've read lots of your posts and they helped me figure out Ready mode, platform building and so on. The one thing I'm stuck on is not specific to Gen 2 but thought I would ask here to see if any of you more experienced Prii campers have dealt with this on your Gen 2.

I get that the dash light dimmer only works when the driving lights are on, and why road safety warrants that. However, that means when you're in Ready mode / Park on for sleeping and the driving lights are off, the dash is on full brightness all night long. That makes it hard to stealth even with window shades, and is distracting as well. How have you dealt with that? Do you stuff a throw pillow or something in the slot? I'm hoping there's some kind of elegant hack. Thanks.

2. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    this guy just uses a couple of towels
    Urban Prius living - Ruslan Osipov

https://www.rosipov.com/images/posts/prius-towels-on-instrument-panel.jpg

AndyZaa likes this.
  3. privilege

privilege Active Member