1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

turn off safety Display Audio features

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Halirob, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Halirob

Halirob New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is there anyway to disable the way that the Display Audio system doesn't let you do certain things while the car is moving. If i have a passenger in the car, why can't they add a paired phone for example.

thx for any input

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Yes but it requires a lot of disassembly of the dash area and some tapping of existing wires.
    PriusChat Shop : Toyota Prius Navigation Speed Lock Override [Prius Override] - $80.00

Instructions and comments:
    First Navigation Speed Lock Override (from the PC shop) in a Prius v: SUCCESS! | PriusChat

If I bought the kit, I might consider having some independent car stereo place install it assuming a decent install price.

You have to keep in mind that providing the ability to do setups while moving may tempt the driver to do it themselves. The outcome could be a dead bicyclist on the side of the road or a severe wreck with lifetime consequences. Maybe your kid or spouse drives the car and does a phone pairing or address input, not thinking about the downside until it's too late.

So I just pull over somewhere for a few minutes and get it done. Plus my biggest issue was address input which can be done with voice commands given practice.

3. Halirob

Halirob New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Fair enough, thanks for the tip.

4. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Note that it messed up the dead reckoning, so if U are driving in cities with tall buildings and somehow not working well or working badly u understand the issue.