1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Turn on/off too fast causes beeping before exiting car - come back dead battery

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by baker2gs, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Kay Gomes

Kay Gomes New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Thank you! I have had this happen so many times that I used all my AAA jump starts last year. Last week, I drained my battery at work because I was late for a meeting and could not get the beeping to stop. It happened to me again this morning. I know the beep was telling me that something in the car was using the battery and it is running on ACC. I shut eveything off...still beeping. Started then shut off...moved back and forth...finally it stopped. My husband called the dealer and he had no idea why and said to bring it in when it is doing it again...tough to replicate because we don't now what is causing it. Your post let's me know I am not losing my mind and that this is some kind of flaw in the computer (not user error). Thanks again!

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I suggest that you first make sure the 12V battery is fully-charged. If it has been repeatedly drained the battery may be in very poor condition.

This means that you need to connect the battery to a charger intended for AGM batteries, using the 4A charging position. Let the battery charge overnight, until the charger indicates the battery is full. If the battery does not hold a charge then replace it.

Once you know that you have a good, fully-charged 12V battery installed, then if this problem still happens it would be appropriate to seek dealer service help.