1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Turn signals/hazards out

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by herpriusinquirer, Mar 11, 2014.

1. herpriusinquirer

herpriusinquirer New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We recently got a 2004 Prius. During the most recent cold snap around there the turn signals and hazard lights suddenly stopped working. Looking under the hood I heard a buzzing sound, which turned out to be coming from a sort of small black "module" that had been wired into the turn signal circuit with a tangle of wires and connectors.

It seems that some previous owner had set the car up to have always on running lights. I took it to some shops around here, but no one wants to touch it because of the modification. The dealer, of course, wants crazy money just to look into it, and can't promise any results. I just want my turn signals back!

Does anyone here have any experience with this sort of mod? Anyone know how to undo it, or have access to a diagram or picture of the wiring the way it was originally? Or a diagram or wiring instructions for the "module" modification? Is it normal for the module to buzz, or is that a sign that it's broken? Help!

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    "Buzzing" sounds very bad. Since the turn signals don't work now, I suppose you can't make things worse by disconnecting the module and throwing it into a trash can.

To obtain electrical wiring diagram information for your model year, subscribe to techinfo.toyota.com