1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Turning off the map on the main screen

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by Jaywinston41, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Jaywinston41

Jaywinston41 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I've had a Prius for many years, but I just went ahead and purchased a 2020 Prius Prime XLE. It's got the large screen. I rarely need to use navigation, so it's a little annoying to me that the map screen is the default that is always running in the background even when you're using other features like audio or climate.

Is there any way to disable the map screen unless you purposely choose to run navigation? Or is this a default feature that cannot be changed?

I know that the screen can be turned off, but what if I don't want the screen turned off so I can use it for the other apps but I don't want to use it for navigation all the time?

I also have a Samsung phone, projecting my screen onto the Toyota screen isn't an option unless I change phones.

SM-N960U ?

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The nav is always at the top unless you use projection (which at the time of this writing is just CarPlay).
    The only full screen item is the Energy Monitor.

ImaRogers and Jaywinston41 like this.