1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TV input for 11.6" Screen System??

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by bb4srv, Mar 21, 2018.

1. bb4srv

bb4srv Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    I came upon this Japanese PPrime video and in the features the input has an option for "TV"!!!! Every so often, my infotainment "source" screen buttons would re-arranged itself and then a mysterious unmovable "blank" button appears. When I try to re-order the icon, the "blank" button stay put. After a day or so, the "blank" button disappears again and I can re-order the inputs as I see fit.

I wonder if this mysterious "blank" spot was reserved for the TV input. And if so, is there a TV input into the system to activate this feature.

2. SteveMucc

SteveMucc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    can anyone read Japanese?

3. Wuzki

Wuzki Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Google it, turn on ur Siri while watching it... I didn’t try any above:p

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    To be fair, Japanese cars have had the terrestrial TV options for nearly 20 years now so it's nothing new for them.

In the early 2000s, there was a company that experimented with satellite TV in cars for the US market - they would install a fairly bulky receiver on the top of your minivan or SUV (no cars - they need the long roof) and wire it up to the rear seat entertainment system (assuming you've ordered your minivan or SUV with it). It didn't last too long because it was expensive.

You can watch videos via USB on your Prime but it'll just be the bottom half and of course the car has to be in Park with the parking brake on.

This capability comes standard on the Prime but only when parked. BeatSonic adds the controller that allows you to play video while in motion.