1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Two forum procedure questions ...

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Ken Cooper, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Ken Cooper

Ken Cooper New Member

1. Would someone please tell me how to place the dashed box around a copied quote from a message I'd like to respond to.

2. Would someone please tell me how to place an emoticon onto my message.

Thank you,
    Ken

2. jasond

jasond New Member

1) You click on the "quote" button on the left side of the message you want to quote.

2) You put in the two smiley characters. : ) = :)

You can easily test (2) yourself by Previewing a post instead of Submitting it.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There are a couple of options. If you want to quote someone's entire previous post just hit the "Quote" button at the top right side of the message box that you want to quote. A Reply box will open and automatically quote that message.

If you just want to copy/paste a portion of that message with the dashed box then do the following: Copy the section you want. Hit Post reply. Before pasting the message in click the 'Quote button', Paste your message in then hit the hit the 'quote' again to end the quoted area. Your post should look like this:

Code:
    [quote]If you just want to copy/paste a portion of that message with the dashed box then do the following:  Copy the section you want.  Hit Post reply.  Before pasting the message in click the 'Quote button',  Paste your message in then hit the hit the 'quote' again to end the quoted area.  Your post should look like this:[/quote]
    The section b/w the bracketed 'quote' and '/quote' will show up within the box.

I think the easiest way is to double click the emoticon you want, or you can type in the characters if you know them. Make sure the "Disable Smiles in this post' is not checked.

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    And also make sure that "Disable BBCode in this post" is not checked. This is also a static option under your Profile:

"Always allow BBCode: Yes No"