1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Two-Mode Hybrid

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by john1701a, Jan 17, 2006.

1. kDB

kDB New Member

accually that one cluch was the one i was not sure about, was thinking either there or on the other mg. either way could get the desired effect i guess. i'm not much of a mechanic.

2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Based on the limited info available, it appears as though the purpose of the second PSD is to allow motor "A" (the red one, which I think is the smaller of the two) to have dual mechanical outputs... which in turn requires clutches so only one PSD is powered directly by it at any specific moment.

[​IMG]

With that you could possibly have the ability to use both motors to provide thrust to the wheels at the same time while in stealth... something HSD cannot actually do. Interesting, eh?

3. FBear

FBear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Remember GM sweats the recalls. Every new technology that GM tries to implement, they use the public as their beta testers. Instead of throughly testing the cars before they come to market. I would be very skeptical for the first few years even though they have partners in this project.