1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Two-way radio installation: Any hams here?

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by HamSailor, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Locksmith

Locksmith Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    I have an Icom ID-4100a installed in my Gen 4. I ran 2 12ga wires direct from the battery. Both are fused. I ran them to under the passenger seat as I have the Technology Plus package and the drivers seat has no room due to seat motors.

The radio body is under the seat and the control head and speaker are mounted under the dash (see photos).

The antennas are hard to see in this picture, but there is a dual band on the left rear corner and a 1/4 wave 220 on the left front corner.

Elektroingenieur likes this.
  2. Sippi

Sippi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Been a silent browser on the forum for a long long time, and I think this is the first post I've ever made myself. I'm trying to find a good antenna install location as well for my 2017 Prius V. I'd read that magmounts were not the best option due to electronics and interference, but I just can't seem to find a good place for a lip mount or a bracket made for the straight up kind of angle for the back. I saw a Prius C install that looked fairly close to what I"m thinking. But does anyone have a Prius V that they've installed in?