1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tyre Pressure Prius 2013

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Mike Kilo, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Mike Kilo

Mike Kilo New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi.... i bought a 2013 prius. Tyres were filled with 30 psi all tyres. I read the manual and changed it to 35 font and 33 rear as per the manual / door tag. Handling is better but feeling of bad road can now be felt inside the car. My friends tell me that i should keep it to 30 all to save suspension of the car in broken and rough city roads. Any wise guy can put me right on it plz. Thanks!

2. Pluggo

Pluggo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Your mechanic is correct in saying that less air pressure will lessen the strain on suspension parts, but you need to balance that advice and your smoother, quieter ride against a few other things, such as the added fuel cost and of running on lower pressure, the possibility of uneven tire wear (shoulders wearing out before the center), and mushy, less precise steering which can be hazardous. There is no doubt in my mind that any Toyota engineer will tell you to use the exact pressures that are printed on the driver's side door plate. These numbers are very specific to your individual car and they account for any factory options that the original purchaser may have chosen.

Mike Kilo likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    you want to feel the road? try 42/40 :eek: after awhile, when you go back to 35/33, it will feel like you're riding on air :p

Mike Kilo likes this.
  4. Mike Kilo

Mike Kilo New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am driving with 35/33 psi after posting this... it does not feel so harsh except few odd places where road feels fully into the cabin.... Thanks for advise i think steering is responding perfect on factory recommended pressure... otherwise on 30 each it gets jelly mug... Thank u all.

Pluggo, Mendel Leisk and bisco like this.