1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Uber and Lyft apps not compatible on 2018?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Doxtream, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Doxtream

Doxtream Junior Member

I just bought my new 2018 Pruis 4 and my phone is synced with the car and I'm receiving phone calls and text messages. I have downloaded the Toyota Entune App and I am able to stream music thru the Pandora app and use the Yelp app. Here is where the problem is, I do Uber and Lyft as a job and when the driving apps are open and I receive a ride request there is no sound to alert me. This is true of a lot of the other apps on my phone. There is no sound for any of them when the phone is connected to the car. Can anyone help me? The dealership was no help :(

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You want us to fix a phone you don't know the vendor or model number of?

SFO and RCO like this.
  3. kens97uber171

kens97uber171 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    On an Android phone if you go to your bluetooth setings menu,
    select the one its connected too, the prius I would assume. click settings wheel, there are choices for passing calls audio, and MEDIA audio separatly.
    You might see if both are checked.
    The fact your getting pandora is weird.. though the head unit in the car may be doing that, and only the data from the phone is being used to get the music.
    I am sure there is a similar setting on IOS.. no Idea what that looks like though... sorry.
    Good luck

RCO and SFO like this.