1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ugliest car currently in production?

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by bookrats, May 2, 2004.

1. skew

skew Junior Member

Easy on the Aztek. I own one its the best vehicle I have owned. I also have a Prius on order. Have any of you guys ever sit and drove one I bet not because you can't spell it right. The inside is what makes the aztek. The aztek was in the same boat 4 years ago as the prius is today none of the press can take their cookie cutter blinders off to see the real car in front of them. So far they have sold over 60,000 a year with no add support what so ever. Have you seen one in the pontiac line up ads on tv there is no aztek. And compairing it to a Sion is like compairing a Prius to a chevy aveo. Guess what Aztek owners love their srv as much as you guys love the prius. Click Here Step back and think how mad you get when you hear bad press about the Prius. In the 3 years that I owned my tek everyone that see's it love it Here is my 8" touchscreen navigation.[Broken External Image]:http://www.dashboardstereo.com/images/nav.jpg

2. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm glad you like your aztek. That's the reason why there is such a broad choice in automobiles. There are alot of people out there, and there is also a broad variety in peoples tastes in autombiles. No, I have never driven one, nor will I ever. My last GM vehicle was a lemon, and the final straw in buying substandard GM products.

The aztek is still ugly in my opinion, and my experiences with GM product quality will insure that I never get burned by them ever again.

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    you know i was behind one today, and the back almost could be passed off as a Prius that was jacked up. you know what i mean... split rear window hatchback look...

JK!!

4. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I saw a bright yellow Aztec the other day. It looked pretty cool in that color.

Jeff

5. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Cool! It's got an Eject button! I've wanted one of those for years! :mrgreen:

Glad you like the Aztek; and as others have posted, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I'm afraid I won't consider it for the same reasons as Wolfman -- it's a GM car, and it's much bigger than anything I want to drive; and, I don't like the way it looks. Plus, I'm in love with another car. :love:

6. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

7. InTheWASide

InTheWASide New Member

No ad support what so ever? You know, when these things FIRST came out I was actually pretty fond of it. I liked the idea of a tent in the back and all that stuff. The design was pretty cool...

Know what I remember the most though? The COMMERCIALS for the Pontiac Aztek.

"Here's" (I forget the names, but basic ones like...) "Bob and Sarah. And today they're going to:" (The screen then showed a multiple choice. One of them had an option it selected of) "Get Dirty!" It then showed the Aztek offroading or something along those lines. Getting muddy and being beastly and ooo oh so manly.
    Another had something to do with mangos and they were sitting on the gate on a pier and fishing. Another showed the use of the tent out the back.

Now, I'm not trashing the Aztek. Like I said, I thought it looked pretty cool and as I had liked them for a long time, I actually strongly considered one for a while when I first started looking around. The thing that turned me off of them though...?

The orange dash lights...

8. skew

skew Junior Member

Its a pontiac all pontiac.s have red dash lights. The heads up display is the best thing they could put on a car too bad the prius doesn't have it. Also the Aztek is outselling the Pontiac GTO 3 to 1 right now not bad for the "worlds uglest car" I see about 6-10 azteks a day :)

9. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i dont really watch much TV so i have to say ive never seen an add for the Aztek. i did actually see a few here and there but to be honest with ya, ive seen a lot more Priuses then them...

in fact the first time i saw an aztek last fall, i thought it looked a lot like a Prius jacked up from the back.

ya know, same tapered sloping rear. hatchback... very distinctive shape just like the Prius. but that is only if looking straight on at the back.

10. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Not to mention a bit of exposure on Survivor!

11. LungCookie

LungCookie New Member

12. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Exactly. "Coming soon... the Chevrolet Toxic Gas Leak!"

BTW, when driving by the rental car area in the San Jose Airport last weekend, was astounded by the number of Azteks there.

Am wondering if the Aztek has become the fair-haired boy for the rental market, when you want something that has room for cargo.

13. Porky Pine

Porky Pine New Member

I'd have to throw another vote for the Element. I never thought I'd find a PT Crusier desirable until I saw that refridgerator box on wheels going down the highway.

14. Areometer

Areometer Silver Business Sponsor

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Sorry to rake up an old post but I just needed to voice in as I have a thing for ugliness. :?

The ugliest car of all time for me is the PT Cruiser. It is the ugliest as its owner usually thinks that they're driving a cool/cute car.

The ugliest car in the full-sized to oversized SUV category is Hummer (any model). It actually looks very manly & cool but Hummer owners have to be ugly in heart as they don't care about the rest of the world.

The ugliest car in the SUV category is the old Pathfinder (2 generations behind the latest '05 model). Nissan's desperate need to revamp it 2 times (when compared to 4Runner's single major face lift in the same time frame) is proof.

The ugliest yet coolest car in the pseudo-SUV category is the Infiniti FX. It looks so mean & ... ugly. But at least the owner knows what he is getting into so it is not as annoying as PT Cruiser.

The ugliest car in the 'cute car' category is the Scion xB. Element makes it look uglier and xB seems to be out of proportion in every aspect.

Just my opinion of course.

15. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    no need to apologize for old posts... that is why they are available. its better to post to an old thread then to start another that will only rehash the same info.

16. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm sure everyone has thrashed the Aztek to bits so I'm not gonna start there. I would say the Mercedes-Benz G-Class. I mean who pays $100k for that?!?! ugh :pukeright:

17. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    probably the same person who would pay $100k for an H-1 hummer

18. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Two recent additions to prove that beauty/ugly is in the eye of the beholder.

The '05 Chrysler 300. I get the impression that it's supposed to look like an old gangster car. But I just don't like that the grill looks huge. The windows look too small. The proportions of "below the windows" to "windows and roof" is all wrong.

Also the '05 Chrysler Crossfire. My wife was appauled with the ribbed hood and what she called its "egg butt". Perhaps they are ribbed for the driver's pleasure and enjoyment.

19. jchu

jchu New Member

Tony's post only proves that we will never run out of ugly cars.... But why so many Chryslers!!!

20. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I don't know why the Chryslers. In fact, I almost only posted one, for fear that it would look like I was "Chrysler-bashing".

Skew, I almost rented a 'tek this afternoon but my business travel companion was more comfortable getting the Buick LeSabre. But I was willing to give it a week to prove itself. Maybe next time I'll travel alone.