1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ugliest car currently in production?

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by bookrats, May 2, 2004.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i dont think the crossfire is all that ugly... it is however, very unusual in its driver position and interior design.

2. jchu

jchu New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer\";p=\"50725)</div>
    Actually, I was commenting on how one company could make so many ugly cars... Not that I thought you were Chrysler-bashing.

3. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    prowler.. subaru imprezas, magnum, taurus, any GM Made SUV.. you know they all look exactly alike, Land Rovers, Definately H2, scion xB, any pontiac, any buick esp. buick rendevous, and most of all:

SUBARU BAJA!

some things i dislike would be: prius's rear end (the rest is great design, as proof to that it won the gold award from industrial designers), element, matrix, scion xA, tC, oh i give up, just about every car out there has something I dislike about it. in 8 years ill go design a car for myself.

4. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nothing like responding to a stale thread.

When I was in college I had a friend with me and we were off campus on our way to lunch. We happened to pass by an Aztek. His reaction was absolutly hillarious. He yelled "what the he** is that?" And turned around in his seat to watch it drive away. "That is the ugliest thing I have ever seen."

He was no engineer or designer, however I found his remarks just about as accurate as they could be regarding the Aztek. It is ugly, and not much of an SUV if that is what you were looking to buy in the first place.

5. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Ugliest (assuming form follows function) is a tie between a Hummer, Cadillac Escalade and a Ford Excursion - Yuk!

6. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ford taurus wagon

7. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Even though a lot of the cars mentioned are ugly (Aztek, PT Cruiser, New Beetle, etc.), I am glad that they are here, since they are different. Remember the late 80's - early 90's when just about everything there was looked like a used bar of soap? Everything was so bland, boring and generic. Still the uglies of today still can't compete with my brother's first car: a '78 AMC Gremlin. I don't know if the Gremlin or its bigger brother, the Pacer, was uglier, but there ain't nothing on the road today a high--deeous as those two motorized aberrations. Also, the bumble-back Seville of the late 70's - early 80's was pretty darn ugly as well!

8. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :pukeright: Hummer without doubt

9. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Not sure anyone mentioned this, but a number of people I know have looked with amazement on the Dodge Magnum, and asked how anyone could enjoy owning that car.

Another acquaintance answered this: "It looks just like a Hot Wheels car all us guys owned when we were 8."

And he's right!

10. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    lol...never thought of it that way, but you are definitely on to something there!

11. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's not currently in production but will be in a year slated to go on sale as a 2006 model. It's the Subaru B9x Tribeca

12. bookrats

bookrats New Member

13. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    People, I think we have a new ugly car

2008 Porsche Panamera

:sick: :Wth: :guns:

(with all due respect to Porsche owners)

14. Ron Dupuy

Ron Dupuy New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Not nearly as bad as the Asstec

15. ~HondaMan~

~HondaMan~ New Member

I would say the ugliest car for me would have to be the Mini Cooper. I think they are just too small, or the Hummer H2. Those things suck gas down like hell, and they are huge.

16. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Whether the Mini Cooper is small is relative. Here in the US it looks too small compared to all of those obese SUVs, however I just got back from a trip to Germany and there it is sort of an average sized car. There are MANY cars there that are as small or even smaller than a Mini (Smart ForTwo, Ford Ka, Nissan Micra, etc.).

But, yes, the Hummer H2. I still haven't decided whether I find it or the Cadillac Escalade to be the most offensive non-modified vehicle available.

17. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think the MINI is cute but overpriced. And it uses premium fuel! Premium fuel on a 1.6 litre engine that produces 115hp?!?!?!

18. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    #1 ugly car: the 2005 Chrysler 300C. Ever see the movie The Car with James Brolin? The new Chrysler is a dead ringer. It's easily the ugliest car out there, I get the dry heaves whenever I see one.

:pukeright:

They are not selling very well here, a whole bunch are sitting in back of dealer lots. Lessee, 20-30% lower fuel economy than the FWD 300 it replaced, and dog ugly ... PASS.

#2 ugly car: the 2005 Dodge Magnum. The butt end is ok, but the front is just plain ugly and stupid. Ugh!

19. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well, if the compression is high enough, premium would be needed to reduce knock