1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ugly loaner car

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Renocat, Jul 25, 2006.

1. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScottR @ Jul 25 2006, 03:51 PM) [snapback]292137[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, like bulldogs right?

Dennis

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Sorta like a Soviet mailtruck without the charm?

3. Drift Motion

Drift Motion RMS13

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    hey xB is a nice little car
    i love it, except for that weak engine and the center dash
    a photoshop i did

4. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    A friend of mine has a white XB and he affectionately calls it his refrigerator on wheels! He loves the fact that it gets MUCH better mileage than his truck, so he's very happy with it. I think they're pretty darn ugly, but I'd a heckuva lot rather see an XB on the road than a pickup or a honkin' big SUV!!!

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jamarimutt @ Jul 25 2006, 04:55 PM) [snapback]292269[/snapback]</div>
    No it's not. It's beauty is in the eye of the beer holder :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wilco @ Jul 25 2006, 05:01 PM) [snapback]292276[/snapback]</div>
    There's quite a number of xBs here as you've probably seen

6. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Jul 26 2006, 12:36 AM) [snapback]292415[/snapback]</div>
    Haha....that made me laugh... :lol:

My Prius is coming back today so I didn't have to suffer long with the Xb. I am sure there are people out there that like it but I am obviously not in the target demographic. I think I read it is popular with 20 something guys?

7. EricGo

EricGo New Member

My daughter goes off on a rant rage every time she sees the xB, but I've gotten to the point where I can see the attraction. Nowadays my only major peeve about the car (unless it has been fixed in later MYs) is the *awful* emissions.

If the xB took on more of GM's boxfish car character, I could really like it.

8. M. Oiseau

M. Oiseau 6sigma this

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The xB has a rather Abraham Lincolnish look to it.

Someone mentioned the Pontiac Aztek. My fave description for it comes from a Car Talk listener who said that from the rear, it look like a horse getting ready to drop a load. :lol:

9. bsoft

bsoft New Member

Well, the nickname for the xB is the Extreme Box. It's a box on wheels, and it's certainly "unconventional". I don't know if I'd call it "ugly", but it's not as nice as the Prius.

Now, a car that has lots of room inside, gets 30+ MPG, and costs under $15k - that I can respect.

10. Jack Straw

Jack Straw New Member

11. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jack Straw @ Jul 30 2006, 11:34 AM) [snapback]294604[/snapback]</div>

The Prius is officialy cool; so says my niece, who finally got the tour of my new car. And, of course, fifteen year old girls are the arbiters of cool.

12. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I agree...it just isn't my cup of tea....

And I used to think Prii were ugly :eek: until I adopted one! ;)

13. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

VW had them beat by 40 years on this style...
    The 1968 Fridolin:
    [​IMG]
    Type 3 (fastback/squareback) fornt end coupled to a Type 2 (Bus) rear... factory made, not a hack.

14. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    We are a pretty spoiled world.

Loaners are a fairly new concept. Used to be, when you dropped your car off for any work, you needed a ride home and they didn't supply it. Hertz was your loaner car. I would have been happy for a bike! This is truly looking a gift horse in the mouth.

I think the bus has nice lines, is very colorful and full of opportunities to make new friends. I've never had to put gas in them either.

15. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Jul 30 2006, 12:50 PM) [snapback]294639[/snapback]</div>
    I don't expect a loaner car if I am dropping my car off for routine service...that is my responsibility to either have a ride or wait in the waiting room.

I was provided the loaner because there was a scratch on the car at delivery. They should have caught that during the prep and fixed it before I even saw it. Their fault = they provide the loaner.

I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth...merely stating my opinon of the transportation that was provided, much like others that have said they will not accept a dirty/smelly loaner car. And I was refunded the cost of gas I put into...my salesman apologized and said that was not acceptable.

16. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Jul 30 2006, 09:50 AM) [snapback]294639[/snapback]</div>
    Not to mention...no buses that go to/from anywhere one needs to get in lots of places. Like virtually all of Sonoma County, with an emphasis, for me, on Petaluma. (If you're interested, see here, and here for an idea...)

Nope, on that front, I grew up spoiled...in NYC and Montreal, with real public transit systems. And lived in Boston for years without a car. C'mon Alnilam--you DO live in California...how much of CA has decent public transit...REALLY? My New York City born and bred parents...mom NEVER got a license and dad got his first one at about 36, when they started doing a circuit of selling at antique shows all up and down the east coast. That was 1 year AFTER my older sister got HER license, and one year before I did. Be fair!