1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

uh....I'll give it a try...

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by Jerry P, Jun 16, 2004.

1. ohgreys

ohgreys New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE([email protected] @ Jan 5 2007, 09:44 AM) [snapback]371211[/snapback]</div>
    I've been eagerly waiting for winter weather to arrive so that I can test out the Prius in the snow. We got the one big storm in December but that only last a couple of days before it all melted off. I didn't have any trouble with it but around here the cities do a pretty good job of putting down lots of salt and other preparations for snowstorms.

2. IMHYBRID

IMHYBRID New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE([email protected] @ Jan 5 2007, 09:44 AM) [snapback]371211[/snapback]</div>
    I have 2 prius's and they are great in the snow. hope someone starts a get together soon. I live in the northern panhandle of WV. It would be a good time to sit and here everyones experiences with these great cars. Jim

3. vinnysca

vinnysca New Member

Youngstown Ohio Prius owner here! A fresh transplant from sunny California. Here in the area for a couple of years for work.

Would be cool to have a Prius get-together.

Vince.

Attached Files:

4. IMHYBRID

IMHYBRID New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vinny @ Mar 19 2007, 05:43 PM) [snapback]408649[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry I didnt reply sooner as I have been working 80 a week. I would like to see a prius cruse or something like that. I like your mods, good looking car!!

5. vinnysca

vinnysca New Member

Thanks! I recently bought a auto-fold module for my mirrors. I can't wait to get it in the mail.

Vince.

6. dprice23

dprice23 D-Man

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm in Tremont (near downtown Cleveland) and just got my '07. I actually see 3 or 4 '07s a day downtown, so I know there are a lot of us in Cleveland. Anyway, sign me up! :D

7. totallyforgiven

totallyforgiven New Member

Nothing against finding out how Prius's do in the city during the winter, but I drive 30 minutes one way to work, and need something that gets around good in the snow. Are there any people here who live out in the country to let us know how Prius's do in the winter. I have a Pontiac Vibe and it does not do good in the snow, matter-of-fact it does crappy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ohgreys @ Jan 5 2007, 03:09 PM) [snapback]371373[/snapback]</div>

8. resoh02

resoh02 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Dec 8 2005, 02:18 PM) [snapback]170131[/snapback]</div>
    Fuel consumption decrease in the winter until the car warms up, its like most cars needs more raw fuel to run when cold, thats why its important to make your short trips a one trip not multiples.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vinny @ Mar 19 2007, 06:43 PM) [snapback]408649[/snapback]</div>

Like those side turn signal lights on mirrors, did you install as a after market product or was it available in CA.
    I don't think its available in OH

I live in Lorain and purchased a Prius in June of 06 and have 18k on it. Its great on mileage on highway can average 50+ but am disapointed on town driving. The 60 mpg that Prius quotes I understand is high but I get closer to 48 around town.

Does anybody no if installing a ev will delete warranty on car? Seems like it would, but there is a great video on installing and would definately improve your around town driving.

[quot :p e name='vinny' date='May 4 2007, 05:45 PM' post='435676']
    T :p hanks! I recently bought a auto-fold module for my mirrors. I can't wait to get it in the mail.

Vince.
    [/quote]

Vince what is auto fold module? Where did you order them from?

9. kentano

kentano Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello fellow NE Ohio Prius Owners! I am in Rocky River, right by Cleveland. I'd love to hear about any kind of gatherings there may be in the Cleveland area.

Also, if any of you have been reading the forums about Engine Block Heaters and FireEngineer (Wayne) traveling the U.S. to install them for people.....I just ordered one and received it yesterday! If we could get a group of Clevelanders together who need help installing EBH's, I bet Wayne would come here and do it for us! :p

Brittani

10. resoh02

resoh02 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vinny @ May 4 2007, 05:45 PM) [snapback]435676[/snapback]</div>

Vinney what is auto fold module for mirrors, is it the side turn signals on the mirror, if it is where did you get them.

11. NROhioPruis

NROhioPruis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi All

I live in North Royalton. I have a 2007 Prius with Package 5. any plans on getting together? have any of you added/modified your cars with aftermarket items? i am interested to learn what is out there.

12. PaulB

PaulB Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Anyone out there? Its April, 2008 and I've just found this site while looking for some info on fuses. I live in Erie, my Prius is 3 this month with @ 51,000 miles. Very satisified.

Paul

13. dprice23

dprice23 D-Man

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hey folks! It's May 2008, and I'm still interested in getting a Cleveland area club going (I live in Tremont). I've seen several posters from the Cleveland area on this thread. If y'all are still around reply to the thread or send me an email at [email protected]

Thanks!

14. ibiwisi

ibiwisi Flathead Lover

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    In Marietta, Oh. 2003 with 153,000 miles and never a bit of trouble. Maintain 52+ MPG

15. BillsPrius

BillsPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi everyone. New 2010 owner here. Have about 1800 miles on so far.

I'd like to hear what people think about winter options as it applies to our area. I live in SE Portage County (near Ravenna) and commute to Cleveland Hopkins area. Wondering about the need to switch to snowtires or if factory is good enough for our general winters. Also, if grill blocking and engine heaters make that big of a difference here as well.

Love to hear your comments!
    Bill

16. 2010PriusV

2010PriusV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have a 2010 Prius V and do not plan on driving it in the winter. I don't want my beautiful car to be destroyed by salt! I leased a Rav4 for that. My brother has a Gen II and bought wheels and Bizzak tires from Tire Rack for the winter. His wife has had no problems and in fact the car goes everywhere in the snow. I am located in Stoneboro which is 20 miles east of Sharon Pennsylvania and my brother lives nearby in Prospect. Let me know how your car does this winter.

17. eatdrumss

eatdrumss Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Anyone in the cleveland area know a good mechanic to work on a salvage 2007 prius...like i have to say prius....:) ...i need to know ASAP like by Monday...thank you and be my friend if you want to.

18. priushippie

priushippie New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Lets have a get together when the weather breaks. April, May? Any suggestions as to where? How about in the Youngstown area?