1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Uh Oh! Oil Prices Up Today

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Spunky, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Spunky

Spunky New Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/20/internat...artner=homepage

"Brent crude oil for April delivery rose $1.57 a barrel to $61.46 a barrel on London's ICE Futures exchange...Nigeria's oil production has been cut by 455,000 bartrels a day out of a total of about 2.5 million barrels a day...Nigeria is the fifth-largest importer to the United States, after Mexico, Venezuela, Canada and Saudi Arabia. Nearly half of Nigeria's oil exports go to the United States...'We would expect the potential for further chaos in Nigeria to provide a floor for prices above $60, and we expect that Nigeria will continue to be a major issue in terms of supply security,' Kevin Norrish, an analyst at Barclays Capital in London wrote in a note to investors..."

2. LisaMarli

LisaMarli Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    And this surprises us, how? :p

It's why I've driven a high MPG car since the 1970s. :D

Fool me once...

Lisa

3. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    This is the kind of thing that can drive gas prices up instantly. Might be a good idea to fill up tonight. Tomorrow could be a whole different ballgame.

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    gah! but i have two bars left on the gauge and 400 miles on the tank!

5. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Me too, almost! I have 3 bars left on the gauge and almost 400 miles on the tank. I was planning on milking this one down to the last bar just because. I wasn't expecting to get gas until at least Wednesday. Worst case it'll be a few cents more come Wednesday vs. today.

6. Spunky

Spunky New Member

Because the entire world's economy is petroleum-driven, this sort of news could drastically effect the costs of EVERYTHING, not just gasoline, and for the long term.

We need to send a top negociator, maybe Carter? over to Nigeria to get that government and the "rebels", talking.

7. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have to fill up tomorrow. If gas goes up a dime it'll cost me about 75 cents extra to fill up. Yawn!