1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

UK 2017 questions

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Sandman1903, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Sandman1903

Sandman1903 New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    Had the 2017 Prius for around 2 weeks and have a couple of questions to throw around.
    1. UK speed camera location warning - From what I can see you normally get a 1 ping warning. On 3 occasions now the ping is continuous until you pass the camera spot.
    2. Heated seats using (fake)leather covering - I normally run the heated on low and compared to the Auris there is very little heat coming from the seat.

I've spoke to the garage I purchased the car from and they are looking into point 1 and suggest running heat on high to see how that goes.

Just wondering if others have had any similar issues, susscessful outcomes, etc.

2. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a BusinessEdition with heated cloth seats and i can use low powered seeing ok. However it only heats the centre part of the seat, whereas High setting heats the side bolsters as well and comes up faster. I'd recommend you start on High and down to Low when you feel it's getting through to you.

kithmo and Prodigyplace like this.
  3. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    The speed camera warning is normal, mine does it. I think the continuous pinging is when you're over the limit, but it sometimes happens when you're not driving over the limit where the nav gets confused over what the limit actually is. Mine has only started doing this since the last software update.
    BTW it is real leather in the excel.

RCO likes this.