1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

UK Features & Options round up

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by tone_uk, Jun 5, 2009.

1. tone_uk

tone_uk Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I got a chance to play with the Prius config tool today at the dealership, and it looks like internal colour options may be a bit limited. It only offers one choice per exterior colour - pre-designated by Toyota GB.

I was hoping to get Abyss Grey exterior with Aqua/Misty Grey interior, but the config tool only gave me the choice of Dark Grey interior. :mad:

Maybe still too soon to tell, but I still put my £500 deposit down to secure my order from last week! :rockon:

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Great to see the UK folks finding out some 2010 info! I'm not sure if any of you are on Twitter, but here is the account for Scott Brownlee, PR for Toyota GB:

Scott Brownlee (Toyota_GB_PR) on Twitter

He's good about answering questions through his Twitter account. Let me know if you want me to ask him anything!

1 person likes this.
  3. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Scott posted these 2 messages to me on Twitter in response to my question about the UK features/packages:

@PriusChat All Prius UK info here Toyota GB Media Site - Toyota Vehicles Full UK Press Pack should be up there later this week. Feel free to post the link

@PriusChat You might also want to keep an eye on here http://bit.ly/T1MhZ for up dates direct from the press launch tomorrow and Thursday

3 people like this.
  4. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    UK Specs are up - EXCLUSIVE - Full UK specs and prices for the next Prius! | Toyota UK news, reviews, video and pictures | Today Tomorrow

And there are still unanswered questions:

Is the remote air con only available with the solor roof (as in the US?)
    The pricing suggest metallic paint is free - I’m sure this isnt so!
    No mention of LED lights - I assume we aren’t getting them in the UK. Shame.
    No mention of turn indicators on the mirrors (as seen on the Euro and Jap cars but not the US).

1 person likes this.
  5. csotp

csotp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Overall I have to say I'm pretty disappointed, I thought they might at least make some of the tech from other regions (pre-crash/radar-based cruise control etc.) optional on the T-Spirit.

I guess I was also assuming we'd be able to get something like the iPod/iPhone connector the Americans can, or maybe even the upcoming USB add-on they're going to be able to buy, though they've probably figured that the HDD-based system on the T-Spirit is a good replacement.

Having said that, seeing as I'm pretty cynical about car companies when it comes to UI/hardware design, I'm rather disbelieving of the idea that it'll be much good in practice. To me, the likelihood that it won't require those of us who already have our music in digital formats to re-rip everything, and to burn CDs for music we've purchased online, is incredibly low.

Although I can't quite figure out if the lights are LED on the first photo, it does appear to be a T-Spirit (as it has the solar roof), and clearly does have turn indicators on the mirrors.

Toyota UK Press Release

1 person likes this.
  6. Mike Dimmick

Mike Dimmick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The headlight-levelling may be a giveaway. Automatic on T Spirit, manual on T3 and T4.

Oh well, I wasn't that bothered - a nice-to-have rather than a requirement.

Note that Solar Pack doesn't mention sunroof/moonroof! The pictures may have been correct - solar panel only.

7. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The car in those pics clearly show both the signal mirrors and the LED lights. However Simon on the blog has confirmed that we DO get the mirrors with integrated turning signal but we DONT get LED lights.

To be honest when compared with the US spec I would rather have the HUD and HDD Navi. But yes I'm still a little concerned how music is ripped to the HDD, but hopefully the Navi will be easier to keep up to date and faster. Who listens to whole LPs anymore?

At the end of the day I've still ordered a T-Spirit. It will still be a great car for my needs.

8. RoyalBlue

RoyalBlue New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Looking at the prices Toyota UK targets the Prius for a different group of buyers as for instance the Dutch importer does. UK prices are £18,370 , £19,990 and £21,210 for three models, Dutch prices are €24,990 , €27,990 , €31,290 and €34,290 for four models. No wonder that the most expensive Dutch model is far better equiped than the most expensive UK model.

9. agentred

agentred New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This is true, the most expensive European car is ~£29,578.

Compared to the £21,210 T-Spirit, UK buyers would be outraged to pay an extra £8, 368 for leather, LKA and LED lights.

So before we all start whining(!), the price to feature ratio is still in the UK's favour. The Europeans get more cool features and bragging rights, but they're paying a lot for them.

10. tone_uk

tone_uk Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I for one am a happy chappy - I think we got a good deal when it came to the features vs price ratio.

LED lights - while an interesting concept were never going to change my life, and LKA and ACC would probably never get activated as I live in an area that is strangely void of anything like a Motorway.

After 9 months of nail biting I now know exactly what I'm getting - how much it's going to cost - and when it's turning up for me to drive away.

In 7 weeks I'll be the happiest man on the planet :D

11. RoyalBlue

RoyalBlue New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Dutch car please :). The most expensive German Prius model is far less expensive.

LKA is not available in Europe AFAIK. The most expensive Dutch model is equipped with almost everything you can think of, except for the JBL speakers. No wonder, because of tax incentives the Prius is a typical company car in the Netherlands. Normally you would have to add 25% of the price of the car to your gross wages if you drive a company car. With a Prius it is only 14%. So for Toyota NL it pays to have a fully loaded top model. I ordered one too.

12. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Looks like the UK Press Launch is in Sweden. Not very Eco friendly!

13. tone_uk

tone_uk Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    OK - well here's something to set the discussion going...

Photo of the car on show in Birmingham this week.

Not sure if it's a UK spec car? It looks RHD - but those lights look like...... :confused: are they LED?

Attached Files:

14. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Will you be making the trip to the Bullring to have a look?

15. tone_uk

tone_uk Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep - driving up Saturday evening for a Sunday viewing.

Any requests?

16. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well just confirm it is actually a UK spec car would be nice. Though I'd imagine by then the Press Kit will be online so we'll finally know. I'm going to wait and go to Bluewater.

I've finally signed the paperwork and paid my deposit. Silver T-Spirit with leather and protection pack.

17. tone_uk

tone_uk Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Ok - I'll post updates on Sunday from my iPhone.

Congrats on the purchase - I'm sure you will be over the moon with it when it arrives.

18. Mike Dimmick

Mike Dimmick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    LEDs, and headlamp washers (the small raised rectangles on the bumper below the lamps). Automatic headlamp washers are mandatory on high-output lamps under UN ECE construction regulations - dirt causes extra diffusion of the beam without significantly reducing the output and therefore causes more dazzle for oncoming drivers.

19. renpriv

renpriv New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    See if it also has auto dipping rear view mirror please :)

Have a great time
    Thanks

20. ronhowell

ronhowell Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Interesting posts on the UK options being offered on the G3 Prius.

Any guesses on just how many people are likely to order the solar roof option? I honestly cannot see it being a very practical feature in GB, where cloudy days are frequently the norm.