1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

UK Features & Options round up

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by tone_uk, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Novus Grey is based on a blue shade (colour code is 8V1. 8 is a blue shade for Toyota). You can see a hint of blue at certain angles under the sun. It's also "flatter" than Decuma Grey which had visible metallic flakes in its paint. Decuma is also darker than Novus and a more "solid" grey than Novus which is a blend (As I said, based on a blue shade)

1 person likes this.
  2. tone_uk

tone_uk Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ooh - so now I have a Novus Grey car coming! LOL

Went to web site to see what was new, and have been greeted with a Frakenstien botch up of old and new Prius pages stitched together. A 2nd Gen Prius with 89g/Km CO2 - I think not !! LOL. Hopefully it's just a mid update booboo.

UPDATE: Site fixed again - but still showing Abyss Grey

3. sleeka

sleeka Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    V
    That new Grey is named "Stealth" here in Australia.

4. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Cool. What are the names of the other colours? I remember your Salsa Red was called Merlot Red.

5. tone_uk

tone_uk Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Full UK Brochure has been released today - and is attached for your viewing pleasure :D

Attached Files:

6. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It might be worth listing the cost of some of the accessories:

Front Parking Sensors (Dealer fitted option) - £144.50 (£166.18 inc. VAT)
    Rear Protection Film - £43.48 (£50 inc. VAT)
    Carpet Mats - £46.40 (£53.36 inc. VAT)

It's also worth noting that Metallic Paint option has actually gone up from the Gen 2's £375 inc. VAT to £400 inc. VAT on the Gen 3.

I've asked my dealer for the price for the DAB Radio and iPod integration kit accessories.

7. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I hope everyone is sitting down. These are Dealer fit options at:

iPod Integration Kit - £288 inc VAT
    USB & iPod Integration Kit - £325 inc VAT
    DAB Radio - £520 inc VAT!!

Bluetooth streaming will surfice for iPhone users. However I would hope that the iPod kit would re-charge the device (big issue on long journeys). I 'm also not sure that the car would stream from an iPod Touch and connect to my Blackberry for telephone calls over bluetooth at the same time.

8. csotp

csotp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The USB & iPod kit will, at least according to the owner's manual for it, support charging iPods/iPhones.

Any idea what the difference between the £288 and £323 kits is? Is it just mass storage support? Plus, anyone know what the difference between the standard and seemingly alternative navigation system (TNS 510) is?

I'm also still a little confused at the brochure, as it seems to list the iPod/iPhone support as being a part of the DAB tuner, although I guess it could be a typo with "USB box" supposed to be on the next line.

9. tone_uk

tone_uk Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe a little off topic on the current conversation, but worthy of a mention in this thread....

Insurance details have been published as part of the UK Press pack - and the new model has been classed as a Group 7E.

Full details on Insurance Groups, Emissions, Vehicle Excise Duty yada yada all listed in this document here...

http://tinyurl.com/l99y2v

:D

10. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What's a DAB radio? digital broadcast?

11. Fujisan

Fujisan Blizzard Brigade #309

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, DAB is digital radio.
    The UK Government wants to switch to the DAB system when the coverage and take up is good enough.
    I did hear that the EU want all car makers to fit digital radios to all cars within a few years but because there are different digital standards across Europe the car makers are resisting.

On the insurance thing if you wondering about the 'E', it is to do with security:

"Most new cars also have a security rating, based on features like alarms and immobilizers, which can affect a car's insurance group. The ratings are:
    • E = Exceeds the security requirements for a car of this type and so is in a lower group. A group 8 car with this security level would be rated 7E.
    • A = Acceptablesecurity for the car's group.
    • P = Provisional rating, because there was incomplete data when the model of car was launched.
    • D = Does not meet the security requirements for a car of this type, and the group has been increased. A group 8 car with this rating would be listed as 9D.
    • U = Unacceptable Cars with this rating have security significantly below the standard. You might have to install some new security features before you can get cover."

1 person likes this.
  12. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    On my brothers BMW 530d he found the USB option very slow, especially when moving from directory to directory When he moved to a full iPod kit he got instant response, as you do on the actual iPod. We assume this is because the iPod keeps a database of the files on it for fast access.

13. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  14. tarhoy

tarhoy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Thanks Wooski. I have now had quotes for front and rear parking sensors fitted. The prices (inc VAT) are £455 front and £355 rear. Might be worth mentioning that the Viewpoint images of the front sensors show just two sensors (one near each bumper corner) to cover the nose of the car as it swings. The quote for DAB Radio was £370.85 (inc VAT) plus 1.10 hours labour.

On another tack, looking through the GenIII Owner’s Manual, it appears that the much awaited heated door mirrors are wired in through the same switch as the heated rear window. I am guessing that it will be a high energy hit just to get a bit of drizzle off the mirrors.

15. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The price I quoted is what my dealer is charging me for the front sensors fitted. It's from my order form. Maybe there are only 2 on the RHD cars, but the LHD kit has 4 sensors on the front too.

16. tone_uk

tone_uk Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone

Not sure if this is off topic or not....

While in playing in my new Prius tonight in the car park of the dealership I managed to get a snap of what's behind the DVD screen in the TSpirit.

Been lots of chat about how to access the HDD system on the Euro models etc, and I noticed a mini USB port behind a cover called "HDD Update" (presumably for the Sat Nav).

Have a look and see what you think....

Also worthy of a mention - the "Gracenote" logo. How's that going to work then? I know what Gracenote is and what it does, but if I try to rip a newly released CD onto the HDD - how will Gracenote get the track info?

Attached Files:

17. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you pick up your manuals? Apparently the Music Jukebox will only let you rip commercial CDs onto the system. You can't rip CDRs and you can't transfer MP3's off an MP3 CDR disk (although it will play these).

Presumably the gracenote will recognise the disc and bring up the album / track metadata as any good MP3 ripper will. But does it have a database on the HDD or does it somehow access something from a satellite? If it is a database, then - as you say - how do you keep it up to date with new releases? Should be an interesting read!

18. agentred

agentred New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Whaaaaaaaat? I don't mean to sound arrogant but that can't be true, there are far too many indie record labels which record straight on to CDRs. Can you imagine the uproar when someone buys a CD and the Prius doesn't let them rip it?

I agree with the latter part though, not being able to transfer MP3's from CDR's is definitely a weakness. Unfortunately it's a very common weakness in the HDD/Jukebox players I've seen in cars and for the living room.

19. MR P

MR P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think I have read all this thread and not seen this before. LED lights could become an option in the uk according to this. New Prius - everything you need to know. | Toyota UK news, reviews, video and pictures | Today Tomorrow

Here is what was said...

thanks to customer feedback, we’ll be launching an LED technology
    pack which will include:
    - LED headlamps
    - Headlights washers
    - Dusk sensors
    - Electro chromatic rear view mirror
    - Water-repellent glass
    Further details of this pack will be available shortly.

Posted by Melissa | 27/07/09 at 15:35

Too late for me as mine is on the way but this would be a great options package.

If I was about to order I would be waiting for this!!

20. csotp

csotp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sure it was mini-USB rather than mini-Firewire? I ask as the photos we've seen previously have been of the latter rather than the former, and because they're easy to mistake for one another.
    [​IMG]