1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Uk model prius but MFD language japanese +english

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Nasir kh123, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Nasir kh123

Nasir kh123 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    1.i have purchase Prius t spirit 2008 imported from uk,it,s mfd is not completely english,only navigation is english,rest of screen menu and detailes and ipa ,are japenese language mfd is switched onGB english language .please help me is there any method to change japanese into english so that complete mfd convert in eng language

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. JustSomeGuy

JustSomeGuy New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I'm hardly an expert, but I'm thinking a crude and slightly expensive way would be to buy a used MFD on eBay or elsewhere that's from the US or guaranteed to be in English 100%. Maybe someone else has a lower cost way of fixing this. On my Canadian Prius I recall a language selection option between English and French.

Just a thought, but if it's a right hand drive Prius, even though you imported it from the UK, maybe it originally was sold in Japan, and then someone imported it to the UK. That might explain the MFD being in Japanese, but weird that some of it is in English too.