1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

UK prius - No low tyre pressure warning!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Hasan, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Hasan

Hasan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Had a completely flat rear tyre couple of days ago - Unfortunately I only realised after a cyclist knocked on my window and kindly told me while stopped at the lights!

I have since had to replace the tyre as there was a large screw lodged in the inside tyre wall and so puncture repare wan't an option.:(

Anyway, I was pretty sure the prius had the low pressure warning system and so after reading around pc I came to the conclusion that maybe the system needed to be reset by pressing the button (i've only had the car for a month) - but low and behold, after finally managing to bend my head upside down with a torch light in one hand and look under the steering wheel for the button, it wasn't there, instead there is just a black plastic stopper thing. I was NOT impressed.:eek:

Does it really not have the low pressure sensor system?

I'm pretty sure there is an orange ((!)) light on my dash which does light up with all the other lights when the car is first switched on.

Any fellow UK members had this issue? or am I missing something here?

2007 T-spirit.

2. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    We don't have it on our Prii here in Europe.

It appears to be something the Americans get and I believe it's something that all new cars must have over there.

3. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Same here in Australia. No "TPMS" and no "maintenance light" either. Personally I'm just as happy without them. :)