1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ultimate Factories - marathon of car related eps coming up

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, May 12, 2010.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Car buffs (who receive National Geographic Channel) rejoice! :D I was browsing my TiVo and noticed a TON of Ultimate Factories car eps coming up. There's one ep on 5/13 (Audi R8), a ton on 5/22 and bunch more on 5/24.

Here are the others I see on 5/22 and 5/24:
    Rolls-Royce, Lamborghini, Chevy Volt, Peterbilt, Winnebago, Ferrari, BMW Z4, Camaro, Corvette, and Porsche 911

Check your PVR or favorite TV listing site such as zap2it.com for the exact air dates and times.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/ultimate-factories/all/Overview has a bit more info on each ep.

http://priuschat.com/forums/chevrolet-volt/78136-ultimate-factories-man-made-chevy-volt-ngc.html was a thread on the Chevy Volt ep.

1 person likes this.
  2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Wish I got Nat Geo Channel. I would like to see the PB factory show to see how much (or little) it has changed in 20 years.

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    If you're going to watch the Volt ep, I highly recommend watching the Camaro ep (even if you're not at GM fan) to see the contrast between pre-production, trying to work out the kinks prior to mass production and doing a lot of stuff by hand vs. full-blown mass production.

The Corvette, BMW Z4, Lamborghini and IIRC Ferrari eps were all also worth a watch.

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Reminder: Marathon and most eps start on 5/22. For me, they start at 9 am Pacific. Volt ep is at 11 am for me.

Check your local listings/PVR.

5. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have watched the Porsche, Lambo and Audi episodes; so far, hands down, the Porsche episode is the best. Definitely worth the watch.

6. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    No marathon coming up, but I noticed that someone uploaded Ultimate Factories: Camaro to YouTube ( ultimate factories camaro - YouTube ) as 6 parts. Hopefully it doesn't get yanked.

If you've never seen such documentaries or toured an auto assembly plant, you'd probably find it interesting.