1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ultimate Lockpick 3+ WORKS in 2009 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Da_Unknown_333, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Da_Unknown_333

Da_Unknown_333 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Good evening everyone, I wanted share a few things about the Coastaletech's Ultimate Lockpick 3+ in my 2009 Prius.

I had problems with the Nav Unlock, at first. When plugged in the car did not recognize my Nav. After some troubleshooting I discovered that the retards over at coastaletech had two pins swapped on their product. I cut the swapped pins and put them in the right place. After that fix the product worked as expected.

Note: After you hit the pin and unlock everything. Hit "DEST" again to lock everything back up (greyed out). By doing this the "INFO" display functions normally, and everything updates properly.

The rest of Ultimate Lockpick 3+ works fine (bluetooth/audio text/audio & video in). I haven't tested the audio/video while moving yet, but I suspect they'll work fine. (Tested it parked in the driveway and DVD player did show up. I plugged my xbox360 to the RCA connectors and everything looked and sounded fine.)

Note: Most people fail to read the paper work provided. On the steering wheel "V" (file down) shuts the video off (normal view as if you were listening to radio) "^" (file up) brings video back up.

Note: To unlock Bluetooth phone features just hit the "call button". Funny feature I noticed is for the file/folder names list. They turn on and off with the "call button" and "hangup button" respectively.

So to unlock the file/folder names you have to hit "call button" and then "AUDIO". When I hit "hangup button" the file/folder names lock back up (greyed out).

I can confirm that the Ultimate Lockpick 3+ does work in my 2009 Prius.

I'm currently working on adding a PC/Mac (still trying to decide which) to the car. I'll let you know how I installed it when the time comes.

1 person likes this.
  2. jpadc

jpadc Type before I think too often

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Glad its working for you... It is definitely in my plan to get so I want to keep up on how you proceed. I'm wanting to add a Mac mini so I can use front row with the remote. That would be very sweet. To do that I would need lockpick 3+

Do post some photos if you get a chance...

3. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Do you experience the same backup camera issue as described below?
    http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-...ut-backup-cam-anyone-want-try.html#post970768
    Thanks!