1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ultimate LockPick works with iPod solutions?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by vk-30, Apr 30, 2007.

1. vk-30

vk-30 Junior Member

I have the basic lockpick (Nav only) from Coastal Etech, ordered before any of the others came out.

I'm interested in purchasing the Ultimate Lockpick, and an iPod solution. Has anyone used an Ultimate Lockpick with a DICE, a VAIS or an Ultimate iPod?

Also, Ultimate iPod, as advertised on Coastal Etech, looks the best to me, but the demo link didn't work, hence I haven't seen it. Also, heck, if Coastal says it's not available now, it'd be at least 2 years before I get it. My first lockpick took almost precisely one year to arrive.

=-VK

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vk-30 @ Apr 30 2007, 01:45 PM) [snapback]432763[/snapback]</div>

Yes, it should work just fine.

The Ultimate iPod isn't a intergration kit, it just sorta takes over the MFD screen and forces you to use a remote control. It's kinda silly.

3. vk-30

vk-30 Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Apr 30 2007, 04:59 PM) [snapback]432799[/snapback]</div>

Thanks Vagabond.

I'll order the Ultimate Lockpick presently.

Anyone: Any opinions on VAIS vs. DICE? Basing it only on price, there's a big difference between $300 and $144.

=-VK

4. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vk-30 @ May 3 2007, 11:51 PM) [snapback]435271[/snapback]</div>

I orginally purchased a DICE unit, and had horrible sound, it may have been a bad unit but I RMA'ed it and because of some of the posts that I read here about the Dice unit being kinda quirky.. I went with the Vais. The dice unit is smaller than the Vais and the diameter of the wire that hooks to the iPod, is much smaller on the the Dice unit than the Vais. I don't know if the wire connecting the iPod has anything to do with the Integrity of the sound quality, but I know on Aux In cables that I have purchased in the past, it has made a difference. The Vais unit is really a solid unit with RCA input jacks for Aux In both right and left channel. I get excellent sound. Only drawback to Vais that I can see is you must group songs by playlists. Other than that, I'm very happy.. check out their site for yourself:

http://www.vaistech.com/

Oh and check out this thread too:

http://priuschat.com/iPod-for-2005-Prius-t17835.html

5. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusFTW @ May 4 2007, 07:42 AM) [snapback]435416[/snapback]</div>

Oh, I meant to thank you. We did find out what the issue was. The amp in the 07's was different than other years. But we are able to fix the popping sound on our end, so that's all taken care of.