1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

un-earth friendly prius?

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by newyawka, Mar 19, 2007.

1. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm just hoping it starts circulating in email enough to eventually warrant a snopes page. In looking at this annoying story again today, I found out the paper in question has a history of publishing total *@#$#@$ pieces. In fact, just a month ago they published a lovely editorial called "Rape only hurts if you fight."
    http://www.feministe.us/blog/archives/2007...f-you-fight-it/

I did register at the Mercury Cougar website where the author of the Prius/Hummer piece bragged about it being broadcast on Rush Limbaugh. The site was kind enough to approve my registration and I yesterday asked the "author" what he thought of some of the inaccuracies in his piece. No response so far from the writer, although the responses from other members there were quite reasonable (well, with the exception of the one who hates all "JAP" cars). If the author ever replies to me I'll link to it.

2. akorovesis

akorovesis New Member

where did they get the expected life of a prius at 100,000 miles? (i'm new and lazy, forgive me if there's been a topic on this already)

3. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gonegreen @ Mar 23 2007, 11:32 AM) [snapback]410862[/snapback]</div>
    I assume they used the battery warrenty (150k in CA, 100k other places, I think). Not bothering to look up that numerous cabbies have clocked over 200k on their Prii. Not bothering to accept that cars live beyond their warrenty. Funny, btw, from a guy who's a member of the '68 Mercury Cougar forum (a sweet looking car I must say).

4. EricGo

EricGo New Member

A hatchet job from a **marketing** company, written so that a 12 year old should have no trouble realizing it is trash. I'm amazed it is still making the rounds, unless specifically planted for profit.