1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Unable to Connect Phone or Get Satellite Radio

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Bob Nichols, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Bob Nichols

Bob Nichols New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2011 Prius and about a year or so ago i lost the ability to connect to my phones music or no longer can get a signal for the Satellite Radio
    I can connect my phone through blue tooth to use the phone but can not connect to play the Music any longer
    I thought it was my phones issue but same issue using my wifes phone
    Also CAN NOT get a signal for the Satellite Radio
    1st-is the little antennea on the Roof for the Satelltire radio -
    i do i check to see if this antennea is bad and what to do about the the Blue Tooth issue-
    i called Toyota and all they kept saying is bring it in for us to look at and pay what ever we want to charge to to tell you nothing
    any help would be great

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    On my Prius v, the satellite antenna is a lump just ahead of the rear view mirror.
    I am betting you called a dealer, not Toyota. You do not need to use the nearest dealer, you can use any one who seems to communicate with you.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    try calling xm to see if they have any suggestions.

4. Bob Nichols

Bob Nichols New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hmmm i did have an issue with the mirror fell off from heat and came unplug -i reglued the mirror and plug it back in but thought that was for the mirror electronics