1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Unable to play songs via Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Fahim Sheik, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Fahim Sheik

Fahim Sheik New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi

I have a 2008 Prius but it does not have an AUX port for me to play songs. My car has Bluetooth and I managed to connect my phone but it can only be used to receive or make calls. I can't seem to play songs from my fone via Bluetooth.

Can anyone help me as to what I need to do??

Thanks

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Bluetooth in the Gen 2 Prius (2004-2009) only works for phone calls. Bluetooth audio didn't show up until the 3rd generation Prius.

You'll have to go the aftermarket route if you want to connect via bluetooth or AUX.

srellim234 likes this.
  3. ITBland

ITBland Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    This is what I use in my 2004, it plugs into the back of the radio an allows use of the previous/next and play/pause buttons. Works for phone and music (you will probably have to disable Bluetooth on the radio, or un-pair your phone, and you use its microphone, not the one in the car).
    Bluetooth Music & Hands-Free Car CD MP3 Aux Adapter Interface For TOYOTA LEXUS
    There are several sellers on eBay, and they are also sold on Amazon (more expensive, but easier to return, typically).

4. Philhave

Philhave Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Also, you can now get Bluetooth plugin broacasting device. Works nicely in my Gen 2. Just tune into an FM station, connect your cell...Set it, then forget it!

You'll have to go the aftermarket route if you want to connect via bluetooth or AUX.[/QUOTE]

5. egg_salad

egg_salad Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    If you are streaming from an Android device, you can get an app called "Bluetooth Mono", which forces your music to stream through the BT connection normally used for phone calls. I've used it - it sounds positively lousy, on par with the fidelity of a normal telephone call. It is also, as the name implies, mono and not stereo.

6. Philhave

Philhave Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Thank you very much! I've been streaming from a Bluetooth device (plugged into the adapter) and I need to switch to car Bluetooth when having to answer calls. Inconvenient, yes, but don't want to compromise sound for convenience.

Appreciate your reply.