1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Unable to program Certification ECU

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by DjWeeDY10, Apr 23, 2019.

1. DjWeeDY10

DjWeeDY10 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I'm at a total lost here. I own a 2010 Prius. Never had any issue with it. I recently lost all proximity function, I can't unlock from exterior handle, can not start with the push-button but I can start by placing key next to barrel. I have replaced the battery in the remote but still same issue.

I own a techstream (china...) so I tried to reprogram my key, when I place key next to button, car beeps once, then I remove the key and place on passenger seat but the car never beep a second time.

I assumed this was related to an issue with the Certification ECU as all antennas are entering this module. I checked all power and ground to the module and everything is normal.

I ordered a used Certification ECU, went to try the Smart Code Reset, enter passcode, and then after 16 minutes the reset procedure failed. I tried multiple times with the same result.

I then tried the Smart Code Reset on my factory module and it worked ! So I know my techstream works fine, but now my key was also reset from my factory module and if I try to reprogram I am back to problem where the car does not beep a second time.

I even ordered a second Certification ECU and again same problem I can not reset the Smart Code !!!!

I am totally lost here and have absolutly no idea what to do next. Can anyone confirm that I can actually reset a used Certification ECU ?

2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Welcome to Prius Chat (y).

Some questions:
    • What battery type replaced the fob battery?
    • What was it’s voltage?
    • What is the 12 volt battery reading after sitting overnight?
    • Any functionality in the fob or are any buttons stuck?
    • Ever wash the fob accidentally?
    Good luck and keep us posted (y).

3. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Holy mackeral...

Dj, you have much bigger cahoonas than I. Jumping in with both feet to reprogram keys and ecu's with techstream (china copy). I chickened out on this about 2 minutes after I opened that part of techstream. I was scared to death I was going to screw up my keys and never have my car work again. When it comes to knowing when to hold'em or fold'em,,,,I chose fold'em on that one.

Wish you the best of luck...............keep us posted

4. DjWeeDY10

DjWeeDY10 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Base

Cr16 something, I carefully took the same type that was in before.
    It was at 2.1, I tried replacing it with same result
    12.3v
    No all buttons click no problem there
    Not at the moment the trouble started

Thank you for your help

5. DjWeeDY10

DjWeeDY10 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I definitly have to say I regret that I got in such a mess but now really idea how to make the car start again.

6. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    The Fob battery should be north of 3 volts;).

I bet the battery is a C1632 or C2032 as well:).

Once you find a good fob battery that reads above 3, try again and keep us posted (y).

kc5dlo likes this.