1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

unable to pump gas

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by MNdriver, Jul 31, 2017.

1. SaraBBrown94

SaraBBrown94 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I tried filling the prime like my old 05 Prius and it over flowed. First time I've ever over filled a car to the point of it coming out. Lol

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. jaqueh

jaqueh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    The gen 2 prius has made me forget how to fill up gas. I did it for the first time yesterday in the prime and kept on almost wanting to keep on putting in more gas after the first click.

On the gen 2 I usually put in fuel after 5 clicks and am able to go from ~7.5 gallons to 9 gallons. I always waited til the flashing pip and then 20 miles before refueling that car.

3. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The Gen 3 and 4 are one click and you had better stop. Had something to do with the Evap filter or somesuch. There is/was mention of that in the owner's manual. Prime mention of this is on page 357.

#23 DavidA, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  4. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    That's nice. I have always filled Pearl S until I see fuel to the top of the filler spout. Have never had any problems. The extra fuel gives me almost 200 km extra range. I wouldn't do that in a hot area like the US southwest though. But here the ambient temp is almost always the same or lower than the ground temp. where the fuel is stored. So it won't expand problematically.