1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Unable to turn on ICS

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by darkforest, Sep 25, 2016.

1. darkforest

darkforest New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I bought a 2016 Prius Four Touring with the Premium Convenience Package on Friday (Sept 23), and I haven't been able to turn the Intelligent Clearance Sonar on. Since the test drive on Friday, the ICS OFF indicator light has been on (no flashing), and pressing Select when I'm looking at the ICS Setting display doesn't do anything. I'm able to turn on/off other settings (e.g. BSM, LDA), so the buttons and UI seem to be working fine. Also, I'm not seeing any error messages at all (i.e. no "ICS Unavailable" nor "ICS Malfunction").

I've read the ICS section in the manual twice (pages 346 - 358), but nothing is popping out at me.

Is there some precondition I'm missing or something I can try, or do I need to take it back to the dealer to check it out?

Thanks!

IMG_2884.png

2. darkforest

darkforest New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I guess I'm taking it in to the dealer. I tried using the IPA, but it also wouldn't work. :(

IMG_2895.JPG

3. darkforest

darkforest New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    In case anyone else runs into this in the future, in my particular case, it took the dealership a couple of weeks to figure out it was a bad ECU. They replaced it, and the two features appear to be working now. :)

Sooner Al likes this.
  4. Sid786

Sid786 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    In may case the car was standing for 5 months. Battery was revived and everything in the car now lights up. All the dashboard displays are up, but still the car not starting. The error message on the screen says "ICS not available". Was this the same error message you were getting

5. burrito

burrito Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    How was the battery revived? Was it disconnected from the car? Did the car get jump started?