1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Unacceptable - Brake Actuator Assembly

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by normalstin, Oct 7, 2017.

1. normalstin

normalstin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I did not have a fault code that led to diagnosis. If you want to post abrasive comments, you should at least read the preceding dialog.

And yes, I did consider suing Toyota for reckless endangerment. You work for Toyota, don't you?

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I beg to differ. From your very first post:
    (Trimmed down to remove emotive sarcastic language.)

A service you declined

You seem to be one of those people who manipulate the truth to suit yourself.

BTW, I am not totally unsympathetic to your plight, it is unfortunate your situation did not meet the requirements of the extended warranty.

If you feel you have a valid claim, you can always lobby Toyota Head office and try and make your case.

#22 dolj, Dec 31, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  3. normalstin

normalstin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Correct. I did NOT have error codes, or lights. As I said. They took it into the shop and diagnosed the problem sans-codes. And offered to fix it on my dime, as there were NO codes. I'm not manipulating any truth, sir (or madam).

Secondly, I did lobby Toyota Customer Experience. That ended in frustration, and un-returned calls. Which I also enumerated in my original post, which, again, you clearly didn't read.

It is, what it is. And at this point I'm just repeating myself by having this discussion with you. Have a happy new year.

4. pfb

pfb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Has any Prius owner received the ZG1 letter mailed back in April 2016? The copy here was addressed to dealerships. I know I have never received one because I have gotten some for my Sienna and worked with the dealerships to address. This would have definitely rang a bell with me had I seen the letter since those lights have appeared at least twice over the last two years (and went away on restart). Yesterday was the first time they remained on after restart and NOW I am stuck with repair in hindsight.

5. prius8654

prius8654 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Like you, I did receive letters for my other vehicles regarding different campaigns but I never did receive the ZG1 letter and Toyota has had my correct address in their system for years..

6. farml1234

farml1234 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I have a 1017 Prius 4 touring and notices when exiting the freeway my breaks were fine and quite but the last say 150 feet coming to a dead stop applying more pressure a sever grinding sound from under the hood ??

What could this be

thanks

7. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A veritable classic.:LOL::ROFLMAO::whistle:

Perhaps if you asked your question in the Gen 4 forums, you would get more appropriate advice. What holds true for one generation of Prius doesn't necessarily hold true of others.

valde3 likes this.