1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Unbelievable MPG

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by C Rider, Aug 25, 2018.

1. C Rider

C Rider New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I believe it depends on the shop. I don't think half the shop even know what they are selling. I attached a photo of the date codes on my modules. Out of the three placed I called only one offered to sell the modules without having them install the modules.

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    In my experience and in the experience of many people who post on here, you go to a Toyota dealer as an individual and buy a battery, then return the core to get your core deposit back... Simple transaction. I have seen one person on here who is in the business of hybrid replacement and repair who has been denied buying a new pack multiple times, but that's different.

As for re-manufactured/rebuilt batteries Toyota considers the battery pack as a part that's only sold new and can't be broken down further or repaired, but there's folks with mobile services for that on every Craig's list in every major city. There's also links on here and elsewhere from more professional, established businesses with more liability coverage/more warranty options.