1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Unbranded android HU microphone upgrade

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Dorin Giurgiuca, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Dorin Giurgiuca

Dorin Giurgiuca Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi guys,

I'm a new Prius G3 owner and a newby to this forum. My Prius is a 2010 Aspiration (EU model) and I'm just starting to get to know it and loving it so far.
    The issue I'm having is with the android HU it came with. It's unbranded (noname) and pretty weak (1gb ram). I could live with the android performance issues but the microphone is driving me crazy. Nobody can hear what i'm saying. The unit has an external mic and i wanted to upgrade it to a different one but for some reason, the mic that's connected to the HU has 5 wires and the one i ordered only 2. There's also no mic jack. Here are my questions:
    1. Is there a way to connect a different mono mic?
    2. Does anyone have any idea what unit this is and where i can find a wiring diagram?
    3. Can you recommend a better unit? I like the ones that look more like stock, with physical buttons.
    4. What is that empty white connector behind the unit?
    5. Any known fix for the error in the picture? "Software has not been authorized legally" when trying to use Easyconnect to mirror my phone.

Thanks!