1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Uncomfortable front seats

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by larswest, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    2009 is a Gen 2 Prius
    This is a Gen 4 thread and I am sure there have been enough changes for Gen 2 experience to be off-topic.

alanclarkeau likes this.
  2. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    1981 Austin Ambassador, the seats were like armchairs :)

3. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Actually Austin didn't do too bad with seats - we never got the Ambassador - but even the '60s 1800 were one of the best seats on the market at the time. Back seat as well. Had a few friends with them.

RCO likes this.
  4. JosephG

JosephG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    One
    FWIW, I also find the seats to be terrible. I hope Toyota changes supplier in the future because their other seats are great.

5. jb in NE

jb in NE Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    My wife hated the seats on my 2011 VW TDI (I thought they were great and very comfortable for me). A few weeks ago she rode in the pleather luxury of my 2018 Prime for 750 miles and said the seats were very comfortable for her. They're OK for me as well, but I preferred the VW seats.

There probably is not a car seat made that will be suitable for every possible driver or passenger.

She is 5'4" and about 130 lbs, I'm 6'3" and 185. People come in all shapes and sizes.

#145 jb in NE, Jun 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    RCO, dbf, alanclarkeau and 1 other person like this.
  6. TCW1184

TCW1184 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What’s funny is, until about two months, I never really thought about seats. Mainly because I never had a vehicle (I’ve had lots!) where the seats bothered me enough to complain; sure some were better than others. Then I bought a new WRX. Awful seats! literally causing me significant pain.

Long story short I was able to bail on it and buy an XSE Camry. Soo comfortable. I can sit in that car all day. Moral of the story, don’t buy a car that’s uncomfortable for you, even if you like everything else about it.

iPhone ?

KennyGS, krmcg and jb in NE like this.
  7. JosephG

JosephG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    One
    True, but I think some seats are definitely more comfortable for more people than others. Nissan makes very nice seats; they are too soft for me, but not uncomfortable. The Prius seats I feel are only designed for a small subset of people who are both small and prefer an upright posture.