1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Uncomfortable Seats?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by riptorn, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Fibb222

Fibb222 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mccarlson @ Nov 22 2006, 08:29 PM) [snapback]353371[/snapback]</div>
    I haven't had any comfort issues with the seats.

2. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Innocent question from someone looking on the outside:

Were weight considerations a factor on designing the Prius seats? They were on the Insight seats, which most find uncomfortable after an hour.

I'd bet a majority of drivers would not mind a somewhat heavier front seats with multiple joints to keep the ride comfortable.

3. jburns

jburns Senior Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Delta Flyer @ Nov 23 2006, 02:41 PM) [snapback]353537[/snapback]</div>
    The seats are my least favorite Prius feature but they are no where near the worst I have experienced in my 45 years of driving. After an hour or so I find them getting a bit uncomfortable. Funny thing though. I took a quick trip last month from NC to Kansas. I took two days on the way out and did a fifteen hour overnight marathon on the way back, stopping only for two quick fill-ups. The seats never felt worse than they did after one hour so I guess they aren't that bad after all although a better quality seat would be the way to most improve the Prius experience with the least additional cost.