1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Unconfirmed Rumor of New Toyota & Tesla Partnership

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by PriusCamper, Apr 1, 2021.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    A Tesla Model S reaches 1 million km for first time - Electrek
    funny that "statistically" is mentioned as tho it's worth less when it contradicts your belief .... yet droning on and on about always needing to frequently drive 100's & 100's of miles a day? because that's a need for you? and thus batteries are incredibly dumb & ev's can't work? Disregarding statistics that show less than 1% require that much regular driving?
    Statistics - sauce for the goose

#41 hill, Apr 12, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    salyavin, 3PriusMike, Zythryn and 2 others like this.
  2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Quality of manufacturing when it comes to cars is so overloaded with a bunch of really rude self-entitled jerks. Whenever I take apart cars I see the basic engineering and design work that I value... Then I see all the engineering and effort that goes into eliminating minor noises and perfecting how perfect the fenders and hood and lights all line up together and I see a huge waste of time and money all because of people who've never turned a screw in their life like to nit-pick about "quality" which is pathetic. I'd rather support a carmaker that builds safe reliable fossil-fuel free vehicles and doesn't waste time with Karen and her army of frivolous complainers.

3. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Well he probably is just trolling. I mean look at how he replyed to bob.
    While tesla is ranked much higher than toyota in safety, on a thread about joint development, he sites that tesla is I guess less safe because it doesn't have a HUD. And its combined with a rather wierd statement about IQ's implying that bob is stupid. That just ain't right.

So first, cooperation might be on how toyota can get its cars as safe as teslas, improve the software, batteries, control electronics. On tesla's side they may want to learn from Lexus how to improve fit and finish. I guess toyota/lexus is ahead on HUD but really I don't think tesla wants to use that tech.

Does a HUD improve safety? Manufacturers that use it want you to think so. Some upgrade to the highest trim of the prius prime to get it. Still not many prius primes are made or sold. The only real study I found was from the University of Toronto which said in many conditions it can make it less safe. Of course a good HUD can be turned off. They have found that it helps people go at their desired speed by focusing their attention on it. Then again the adaptive cruise control on the tesla is really good, I don't really worry about that. Bob and I are pilots, so we had to develop scans of instruments. The tesla display is really easy. I can see how some people want it, but most haven't owned the car. Tesla is selling all they can make today, so I don't think they are worried about it. I like a clear view of the road. I would probably take a HUD if it was free, but I wouldn't even pay a dollar extra for it.

4. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for bringing this discussion back to its point... Looks like @Lee Jay is pretty skilled at meaningless trolling... Sure is sad to see people waste their lives away alone in front of their computer like that.

austingreen likes this.
  5. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You are saying that @bwilson4web and I both have low IQ?? I think if you look in the mirror you will find somebody with an even lower score.

PriusCamper likes this.
  6. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A