1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Under hood 12v access point?

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by spyderx, Jun 28, 2015.

1. spyderx

spyderx Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    im thinking of adding relay wiring for after market HID. HID makes popping electrical noise when switching on. Also want to add LED DRL as well. I see the battery jump junction under fuse box. But where are you guys tapping for constant 12 v battery hot access under the hood? Don't want run wire thru firewall from cabin to hood for battery...Thanks

2. Marcel Gomez

Marcel Gomez New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    Two
    I'm also wanting a constant 12V to a relay and some panel switches on my 2014 Prius V-2 3rd gen. Did you ever figure this out? I know, it's been over a decade since you asked this of the Forum...

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    @NutzAboutBolts has a video for accessing 12 point positive point at fuse box, for third gen. May be similar for the Prius c.

NutzAboutBolts likes this.
  4. Marcel Gomez

Marcel Gomez New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you, such a quick response. I will check to see if I can install a new wire and putt it inside the passenger compartment through the firewall where I need it. I also saw in a fuse box diagram that there are 3 spares.
    #38 SPARE 30A Spare fuse
    #39 SPARE 10A Spare fuse
    #40 SPARE 7,5A Spare fuse
    I don't know yet if these are already wired and go somewhere or it's just awaiting to have a terminal to be inserted into it.

On the fuse box internal
    #10 FR FOG 7,5A Front fog lights
    #13 RR FOG 7,5A Rear fog light
    I have to check and see if there's anything connected to these lights. I may be able to get 12V constant from these.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  5. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    This is why it is ok to "revive" old posts. Simply because it will help someone one day.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

6. Marcel Gomez

Marcel Gomez New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    Two
    I decided to just tap off the 12V battery terminal with a ring lug crimp terminal... Internal wiring.