1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Unfortunately had to cancel the order...

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by FA6, Mar 24, 2017.

1. FA6

FA6 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Thanks!
    I was originally thinking of getting the Advanced but the dealership would not give any discount on it. The price difference in my case between the Premium and Advanced was close to 5k so I went with the Premium.
    I have a habit of backing into parking spots anyway so the cross traffic should not be a major issue.
    The BSM is certainly going to be missed but I just have to adjust my mirrors right and be extra careful.

Merged back to back posts @FA6 please use multi quote, thanks

Thanks Jerry!
    I hope you had it shipped as well.

In my younger days, during the Residency years, when sleep meant little to me, I drove non-stop from Brooklyn, NY to Houston, TX during a two week vacation, in my first new car, a Toyota Corolla. I ate chips and drank coke all the way. Stopped for gas and to empty the old bladder on the way.

I got home at 4 a.m. at my parents home and my father found me fast asleep in my car when he came out to pick up the morning paper the next morning :)

#41 FA6, Mar 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2017
    Nic Steussy and EV-ish like this.
  2. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Nope! It was my fourth Prius from Home - Tampa Hybrids Inc.. Todd's a great guy. He started out specializing in Gen 2 Prius and knows about everything there is to know about them. He has since branched out to Gen 3, PiP, Leaf, BMW, and sometimes other hybrids. The PiPs he gets from New England or elsewhere in the northeast. Only used car dealer I've ever been able to trust. ;)

m.wynn, Neohippy and EV-ish like this.
  3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    @HPrimeAdvanced @FA6 @Sandollars @bisco

Here's how you use multi-quote (sorry @jerrymildred , I'll be using your post as an example)

1. Select "Quote" on the bottom right if you want to quote the entire post. Every time you click it, it turns green. If you decide not to quote the person, you can click on the "Quote" again and it will return to grey.

upload_2017-3-29_18-19-23.png

upload_2017-3-29_18-20-32.png

2. If you only want to quote or reply to part of a post, select the words you want then click "Quote" in the green pop-up window
    upload_2017-3-29_18-22-12.png

3. At the bottom, in the reply box, click "Insert Quotes".

upload_2017-3-29_18-21-25.png

4. A pop up will ask if you want to quote all the messages. You can rearrange or remove any quotes but if you're satisfied, click "Quote these messages".

upload_2017-3-29_18-23-57.png

Attached Files:

Nic Steussy and Paradox like this.
  4. jerrymildred

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    No problem, Mr. Moderator! I was kind of wondering about the best way to describe it but didn't have time to work it out. Thanks for the pictorial.

Although ... Mama said I was supposed to set and example, not be one. :ROFLMAO:

FA6 and Since2002 like this.
  5. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Dear Moderator,
    I found no Quote button at bottom of any of these posts. Perhaps because I'm using an Android version of the app and the apple version is different. Sorry for stepping on toes here, but I still can't see how to comply.
    Maybe if I could speak to someone who can help; also haven't found a FAQ section dealing with this. I guess I'll just stop blogging; my first time doing.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    will do sir!

7. jerrymildred

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ahah!! What Tideand was showing looks to me like it a web browser interface, and that's what I erroneously assumed you were using. Now I see you were using the mobile app. I have no clue how that works.

HPrimeAdvanced likes this.
  8. Sandollars

Sandollars Prius Maven

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I will do my best not to tick you off again.... It would certainly help though if I knew why this was an issue? Not trying to be difficult just curious as this has never been brought up before with any other forum of which I am a member. Is it a storage issue? or??

9. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    At the risk of getting yelled at! I am using an Android mobile app for Prius chat. HELP!!!! First time blogger.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

10. EV-ish

EV-ish Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Dear Moderator,

I appreciate and use multi-quote, but I frankly find your constant intrusions into posts demanding to use the feature as you see fit more than a little irritating and misguided. Specifically, it makes little sense to group pieces of posts from different people, talking about different things, into one long disjointed mish-mash, just to cater to your whim that no one post twice in succession.

I'mJp and Prius from Dad like this.
  11. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ha! You think people only post twice in succession. We're obviously too good at cleaning up the mess. :cry:

Yeah I until Danny fixes it. Ugh. A browser works fine and it has the multi-quote feature (mobile or desktop)

12. EV-ish

EV-ish Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    I think you should allow for coherency in a post.

13. Sandollars

Sandollars Prius Maven

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Seriously though, What is the issue? There must be something like storage space or something relevant that makes it an issue, right?

14. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Fiiiine.

EV-ish likes this.
  15. Sandollars

Sandollars Prius Maven

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hello? (Thump, thump). Is this thing working????? Check 123

16. FA6

FA6 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Dear moderator, I know you are trying to help and we appreciate your effort and the time it must take to put posts together in order etc.
    But, a blog is like a bunch of guys/gals sitting together talking and commenting about their mutual interest and they do this in no particular order, rather one just comments and others say what they want to say and when.

Sometimes we are working and come and join and leave a conversation as time allows.

By trying to control how one makes an input makes one apprehensive of making the input in the first place which is precisely what we do not need in a happy and friendly gathering of friends.

Just my little 2 cents worth. Thanks for doing what must at times be tedious :)

17. Since2002

Since2002 Senior Lurker

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We are guests here. There are people's homes that I have visited where they ask you to take off your shoes. I don't say to them "Seriously though, what is the issue?" I just take off my shoes, no big deal. In my own house which I own I can run around with my shoes on. And anytime we want we can all start our own blogs and make our own rules.

I actually like multi-quote now that I have gotten used to it. Seems less cluttered. Some blog softwares like Disqus have a cascading effect when replying to someone, for those softwares individual replies makes sense. This site is using XenForo which is more of a "flat" style, in this format I think multi-quote works well, which is why XenForo built it into the interface.

Paradox likes this.
  18. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Honestly? Ease of reading. Posts involve a lot of white space (esp. with inconsiderate people like me with giant signatures :p), so multi-quote compresses it and therefore there's less scrolling through.

Yes it's a stylistic thing and yes we're stubborn (or just neat freaks) :oops:. But I understand that the app (Danny :mad:) doesn't have that feature. So guess we're just gonna have to let it ride and merge if we see that it's appropriate. Don't worry, nothing is lost. We're not censoring or anything. :). Just trying to keep the place neat and tidy.

Sandollars, Paradox, KrPtNk and 4 others like this.
  19. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not saying Toyota doesn't have a distribution and availability problem.
    But, unless I was without a vehicle and really, really needed one ASAP?
    I think I would of just waited until August.

Anticipation is fun.

And Next Years Models? Meh..if it's the vehicle you want? Who Cares?

The older I get, the faster time fly's...August will be here and passed before you can say "I'm Sorry I didn't get what I wanted".

20. jerrymildred

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    While we're completely off topic (sorry this is hijacking your thread, @FA6), this isn't a blog. It's a forum. Just trying to help de-obfuscate. Here's a nice little explanation.
    Difference Between Forum and Blog | Difference Between

Anyway, congrats again FA6. Hope you get great smileage from your new Prime.:)