1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Unfortunately had to cancel the order...

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by FA6, Mar 24, 2017.

1. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I love the protective posts on each side of the car. Keep those damn door slammin' peasants away, !!

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

FA6 likes this.
  2. Anthny

Anthny New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thats crazy isn't it! None in Atlanta at the moment but they are taking orders. SE Toyota distributer won't even let you build one of the website when you put in a GA zipcode.

3. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    That bites the big linguini, my friend!
    Don't you have dealers within, say 500 miles; you could turn it into an adventure, and drive your new car home!
    Hell, I look for reasons to drive mine; here you'd have a readymade excuse to drive your new car! If it's any consolation, I kept chomping at the bit to get one back in September 2016; finally got mine 5 months later! All I can tell you now, is it will be like Christmas and the car is really worth the wait. !

4. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Southeast is their own little fiefdom.

HPrimeAdvanced likes this.
  5. FA6

FA6 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    A dealership here south of Houston is finally getting a blue Advanced.
    But these are so rare here that they are asking full sticker.

Mine now has 1350 miles and still only half a tank of gas has been used, and even that is only because I switch to Hybrid every other day for a few miles to keep the old internal combustion engine from getting too rusty.

6. Washingtonian

Washingtonian Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Here is how I got mine in Washington. Was reading about the Prime in mid March. Went to my local Toyota dealer and was told they were available in Oregon and California, but not Washington. He couldn't tell me when they would be available or could he order one. He did have the dealer brochure, though. I decided I wanted the Advanced in Pearl White. Searched online and found that there were three available at three dealers in King County, across the bay from me. Renton Toyota had an Advanced in the color I wanted. It was on the lot with five miles on it. The salesman knew nothing about it. I got it for sticker price with a $1000. Toyota discount. Traded in my 2009 Miata 6-speed with the power hardtop for it. Later found out from the dealer that the car was delivered to Portland, trucked to the dealer, but the buyer then backed out of the deal. I have driven it about 1000 miles, mostly locally and had to add eight gallons of gas to it.

7. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Let's all give a thought to our engines. It's tough being an ICE for us P.Prime drivers:

Every time we hit the Power button, the ICE's brains wake up, but no stretching and yawning for them! No sir, they wake up, saying, "I am ready to go! I've got 1800ccs of pure Atkinson-cycle power on your demand!

Brrrr, that oil is cold! Let's go, just let me do a quick warm-up cycle and...

No? Not yet? Hey! Why do those silly little MGs get all the glory? Why the heck did Toyota have to give them that darned sprag clutch? They're ganging up on me! Really boss, I'm efficient too!

And look at my full tank of gas! Still full! Full for the past two months, in fact...

Check out these here 95 ponies ready to gallup. Those MGs are such total wimps! 30HP, 71HP? Pfssh! They're so needy too; 'charge me charge me'! Hey, come on, hit that HV button! Please, please?

What?! Why are you shutting down? Already arrived? Well, OK... But I am ready to go next time!"

iPad ? Pro

#147 mr88cet, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
    HPrimeAdvanced and jerrymildred like this.
  8. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    "Mine now has 1350 miles and still only half a tank of gas has been used, and even that is only because I switch to Hybrid every other day for a few miles to keep the old internal combustion engine from getting too rusty."

There is no need to do this. Toyota has the car programed to go into hybrid mode after putting so many miles on while in EV mode only, and also after a predetermined time since the fast time gasoline was added to the tank. Like the plain hybrid Prius, you can just drive the Prime with no more though than you would give your old car.