1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

United States Gas Price Temperature Map

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Three60guy, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Three60guy @ Mar 24 2006, 10:42 AM) [snapback]229498[/snapback]</div>
    Well... not quite all of Canada... What happened to Quebec?? :unsure:

Maybe they know something about the political situation that we don't... ;)

I guess nine out of ten ain't bad...

- Kevin

2. Red Ginger

Red Ginger New Member

Bummer, they forgot Hawaii on the map. (We'd be flamin' red if we were there). At least they have us posted with the other data.

3. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    For those who look here instead of the beginning of this thread please see the edited first post of this thread. It is highlighted in red.

Cheers

4. bagwell

bagwell Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    state and federal taxes on each gallon of gasoline...

[​IMG]

ps - I have no idea why California is in gold (the golden state?)

5. eak354

eak354 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <_< i don't know if i should be happy or proud about it but as expected Hawaii is numbah 1! woot woot! :blink: :rolleyes:

6. SluggoLovesNancy

SluggoLovesNancy New Member

Not too many green areas left. They are going to need to adjust the scale soon.....

7. Hytec

Hytec New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    What is really distressing is that the three Coastal Counties in Mississippi, those hardest hit by Hurricane Katrina, also have the highest gas prices in the State, up to $0.30 higher per Gallon than our Capital, Jackson just 150 miles to the north. Yesterday, I paid $2.79/9 for 87 Octane. This was up by $0.12/Gal since I bought on the 4th....!

Thank You Toyota for the Prius!

8. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bagwell @ Apr 10 2006, 08:16 AM) [snapback]237498[/snapback]</div>
    Between that and Gas Buddy, one can see that lower or higher tax on gas does not equate into lower or higher prices at the pump.

TAX PER GALLON
    Calif. $.456
    Utah $.429

GAS PRICE PER GALLON
    Calif. $2.901
    Utah $2.406

The difference? 2.7 cents per gallon higher tax in California, yet gas costs 49.5 cents per gallon more.

TAX PER GALLON
    Utah $.429
    Alaska $.264 (lowest in nation)

GAS PRICE PER GALLON
    Alaska $2.657
    Utah $2.406

The differences; 16.5 cents per gallon higher tax in Utah, yet gas costs 25.1 cents per gallon more in Alaska.

It ain't the tax which is causing the price differences.
    I say up the gas tax and put a squeeze on the price.

9. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Mar 24 2006, 11:36 AM) [snapback]229618[/snapback]</div>
    silly rabbit, 1), there's not much oil coming out of the ground in CA, and 2) there aren't enough refineries there to keep the cost of shipping and refining down.

the first is not under your control; the second is under the "control" of folks who don't want refineries in their back yards (aka, "nimby"s). the same reason housing prices are high: mucho demand and limited supply.

hello from the rather green state of NC.... to which i moved last summer from CA....
    'bye on you!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Apr 17 2006, 10:58 PM) [snapback]241383[/snapback]</div>
    um, Patrick, ah, how many grades of gas are mandated by state law in Utah, compared to CA?
    i don't know the answer, but i think it might be part of the answer....

oh, yes... how about "refineries per 1 Million population" for each state, or something like that, too?

10. cuzican

cuzican New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BellBoy @ Mar 27 2006, 01:24 PM) [snapback]230931[/snapback]</div>
    Wyoming, as well as quite a bit of Montana is a bigger producer of oil than you may realize. Wyoming is covered with oil rigs. I have many friends that have left good paying jobs to go work on the rigs in wyo. heck if I wasn't married I'd be there in a heartbeat. Its not unheard of for them to make close to 2,500 a week take home pay. I only make that much in two weeks, my wife comes close to that....but she has a master's degree. 2,500 bones a week is alot of cash for something that requires no education.

11. jtullos

jtullos New Member

It figures that here in Nevada we'd have higher taxes on gas. That's not too bad though, considering that we've got no income tax (though other states with no income tax are considerably lower on gas tax). I know that a factor in our higher gas prices is the fact that getting the gas here to begin with is more expensive. It is either trucked in (not a great option in winter due to mountain passes being closed) or piped in (with only one pipeline for this region of the state, which by the way had a leak last winter).

12. IDAHO

IDAHO New Member

Thanks for posting the chart.... I post regularly for gas buddy.... now I know what the data is being used for...

13. Three60guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Because this thread is seen by so many people because it is kept up at the top of the Main Forum, I thought it would be appropriate to share additional information that impacts the price of gasoline at the pump.

See the new information at the bottom of the first post in this thread.

Cheers

14. pagoda113

pagoda113 New Member

Hello:

I love the Gas Temp Map.
    I also have a 2006 Prius, just got it.

Can you tell me, what did you use/how did you do the Nav/BT unlock for the 2006 Prius that you have?

15. Davideo

Davideo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Great chart!

I find it odd that New Jersey is "greener" than the states around it, and yet WE CAN'T PUMP OUR OWN GAS! I like to think that gas would be even cheaper here if we had self-serve. We do have the fourth lowest tax prices on gas, though.

16. Three60guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    pagoda113, it is all in my signature. Just click on the Barcelona Red Links. :) Ok, back on topic. Further info about EV mode etc please contact me directly with private message.

Thanks.

17. Three60guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    GasBuddy.com has added a graphical interface to their price reporting. See the first post in this thread and look at the bottom for the info and link to the new feature.

Cheers

18. Three60guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    GasBuddy.com has recently added the Canadian National Gas Temperature Map. It is based on cents per liter and operates the same as the USA version as you can zoom in.

The first post in this thread will continue to be updated with all related new links and info.

Canadian National Gas Temperature Map