1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

United States moving to ban Gas Stoves

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by John321, Jan 10, 2023.

1. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

Mine has that no-iron sensor, easily triggered it when lifting a pan to drain a bit of rendered fat. Supposedly it also has a spatter/boil-over sensor linked to a burner cut-off action but I haven't given it any opportunity to activate.

Baker's parchment might be a better demo tool. It burns tidily if it has to at all.

I reheated a pan I'd cooked some meat in it for a deglaze as usual and it went hotter than I'd ever done it before. Lots of steam and it cleaned up fast. Very impressed.

The induction cooktop portion of this range really delivers. All the power and instant control of gas, zero combustion fumes, zero fuel leakage, plus the ultra-easy cleanup of a monolithic glass cooktop.

Zythryn likes this.
  2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I just realized that this means no more jiffy-pop™!

okay I'm over it. I think I've only bought four or five ever for novelty factor.

/dedicated air-popper family anyway...

CR94 likes this.
  3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Technology marches on yet again.

4. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    That's in my top 20 of all films; it had a big effect on me when I was a teenager.

I drove past that house about 3 years ago, love hidden L.A.

Gonna keep cooking with induction, not ready for airborne phase conjugal laser platforms, not a moral imperative yet.

5. Classic Car Guy

Classic Car Guy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Congrats and sounds promising for this summer family get together. I myself is a cook too so when the time comes when we update our kitchen, I'll definitely get one. But I wont tell my wife yet. Otherwise it'll be a non-stop nipple twisting reminder all day long. We know how that goes.
    Enjoy!

6. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    a post script to this thread -

Even if the US puts the kibosh to the notion of ending gas stoves ..... seems California is fully on board with the idea - & you know what they say about California ' as it goes, so goes the nation'
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/energy/2022/09/24/california-bans-natural-gas-furnaces-heaters-2030/8103912001/
    I heard a comedian just a few days ago make a joke about California doing away with natural gas appliances and heaters and such. It went something like this;
    "..... So now - California - running out of the water behind the dams that turn the generators for electricity - they want to do away with using natural gas. Other than walking upright, isn't fire the only other difference that distinguishes us from monkeys?"
    ;)