1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Unlocking all doors with SKS (Was: Deleted)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tracysbeans, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

DELETING MY QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS IN THIS THREAD SINCE MODS WON'T DELETE THE THREAD AS I REQUESTED!

Deep cleansing breaths everyone....

The original question was about how to open the back doors with the SKS--apparently the question was intended to ask how to unlock all doors when one sks sensor equipt door was unlocked.

TBs--it's a bit childish to delete your individual posts that way...low level passive aggressive at best. I told you that I would be happy to address individual posts you felt were offensive or that were attacks. That has been the policy used here, quite successfully, for over 2 years and will, unless Danny does a major 180 on the subject, stay that way.

I clearly explained to you that there was valuable content in the thread that may be of use to others and that's why the entire thread would not be deleted.

As it turns out you got the answer to the question you eventually asked. Others may get it here as well.

Now, everyone else....Try to play nice. I realize that Tracy was doing a poor job of explaining her difficulties, but that doesn't mean you need to start circling the prey just b/c of a sign of weakness.

Bottom line...if you want a good answer try to elucidate your question as clearly as possible. Explain the problem, explain solutions you've tried, and the specific feedback you desire. That is the best way to assure an answer that will be direct, helpful and polite. Also, however, if you don't get exactly what you want don't take a defensive posture, try to clarify. And Be Nice!! for goodness sakes.

2. Dave

Dave New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I believe the way it's programmed from the factory, if you unlock the driver's door, just that door unlocks. If you open the front passenger or rear hatch door, it unlocks all of the doors. If I want to unlock the rear doors, I either slide my hand behind the front passenger door handle to unlock all the doors and then open the rear door, or I open the driver's side door and push the unlock button on the arm rest. The first option is pretty easy. No need to fumble for the fob.

I know that sounds convoluted, but I hope it helps.

3. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

4. tag

tag Senior Member

Is there something in the 06 manual about holding down the LOCK and PANIC buttons on the fob for about 5 seconds? That's the way you change the default SKS unlock behavior on the 04/05.

5. Dave

Dave New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I personally don't think it's that hard to slip my hand behind the front passenger handle to unlock all of the doors.

6. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

7. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    there are smart key handles on the two front doors and the hatch. the rear doors don't respond to touch. no matter what the smartkey system is set to do

you can set your smartkey to open all doors when you touch the driver's door handle, but you still have to touch the driver's door handle to open the rear doors. sort of like in other cars there's only a keyhole in the front doors and not the rear doors.

nothing you can really do about this one, sorry tracy.

8. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

9. benighted

benighted New Member

Not nearly as tough as fumbling with keys.

10. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

11. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    yes, you have to be in the range that the key can communicate with the car, because you're giving the car a command.

12. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

13. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

14. mehrenst

mehrenst Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I don't put anything like grocerys in the back seat. I don't relish the idea of cleaning the microfiber if something leaks. Instead I bought one of the Auto Bungee Nets for the Prius off eBay. Its great. Just put everything on the hatchback floor and pull the net over the top. :D It clips right into the rings used for the tire holddown.

15. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

if you walk up to the rear of the car and put 1 finger on the touch strip for approx 2 seconds you'll hear all the doors unlock. Hold it for 3 seconds and the hatch will also unlock.

16. Dave

Dave New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If I had several bags of groceries in my hands I still have to pull the door open with the handle. It doesn't pop open on it's own.

17. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

18. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

19. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

20. Dave

Dave New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't understand. If you touch the back of the OUTSIDE front passenger door handle, all doors unlock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.