1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Unlocking all doors with SKS (Was: Deleted)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tracysbeans, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

The issue is I can't seem to figure out how to change the mode so when I touch the drivers door handle all doors will open. I have done exactly what the owners manual says and it won't switch to open all doors when I open the drivers door. I guess I will keep trying to figure it out.

And about the kids comment. I have none! ;) Just one who is an adult and doesn't drive in my car since she has her own.

Not sure why I'm being attacked here. So I would like the back doors to be able to unlock too. They don't. Oh well I think I will live somehow. :unsure:

I actually think this party needs to be over now. I will delete this thread and won't ask about stupid things like this. IF ONLY MY PRIUS COULD FLY <_<

2. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Sorry I didn't mean to attack you at all. I was just really confused about how you wanted the back door to unlock but you didn't/couldn't with groceries in your hand.
    If it is that you can't figure out how to get the settings right...ok I get it. I'm sorry.

I would love to help you try and figure out the problem. I did it and I don't remember it being that difficult. I've done things like this before myself. Some times there is a just a simple thing you are over looking. I have an 06 and I'll try and repeat how to do it.

3. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

IB4TL

:ph34r:

Edit: Damn folks, it was just a simple question!

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Whassat mean? Couldn't locate it in the Acronyms & Abbreviations Glossary. :huh:

5. jacaufie

jacaufie New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    IB4TL - In before the lock.
    This is used to when other forum members come across a thread they know for sure is against the forum policies and will be locked when a moderator or admin reads it.

6. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Generally, when things on messageboards are at risk of getting out of hand, and moderators start circling like crows over roadkill, some people feel the urge to get into the thread before it gets "locked", just to say they were "in it". Thus, IB4TL, means, "In before the lock..."

:ph34r:

7. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

I just wanted the thread deleted and the moderator refused.

I guess my question was a silly question and didn't apprectiate the mean comments. I've never been on a website were you couldn't remove your own thread. Guess this is the first. :rolleyes:

8. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

what was your question?

9. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    correction, you guys:

it's the lock and panic buttons. i hadn't done this myself until just now and i guess i recalled it wrong (infamous bad memory). i even went out in the rain to make sure i was right ;)

the car will make a little beep-beep at you when you've done it right. if you get 2 or 3 beep-beeps, you've held the buttons too long.

i recommend doing this near the drivers door so you can test right away and to be sure you're in range.

10. pjm877

pjm877 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited

I think from reading the non "deleted" replies was how to chage the behavior of when a person with the correct SKS Fob goes to open a door.. from the Factory. to all doors on the car unlock.

That is what I set on my '04 after I had a chance to read the manual on the 1300 mile trip home. I had to try twice to get it working.

tracysbeans: have you tried the stated procedure in the manual with both fobs?

OK GANG... remember there is no such thing as a stupid question... NONE...

11. Dripps

Dripps New Member

Tracy I had this same question when I picked up my car and the dealer had no clue...he said the way it works now is just the way it is. He looked in manual and didn't see anything. I came home, did a search on this forum (which doesn't work now) and found the answer. Now it's the way I want it and I think the way you would like it to work...when I come up to the car and my door unlocks...all the doors unlock.
    Sorry to repeat if you already have found success with the procedure but if not...here is what I did.
    Car is OFF.
    You stand outside your door with FOB and press the PANIC and UNLOCK at the same time...and hold them. You need to hold them for about 5 seconds (more??) and then you'll here some beeps. I heard 2 quick beeps and then it was the way I wanted it. What I understand from reading is that there are 3 possible options. The first is the drivers door will unlock when you get there---and only that door. This is the way the dealer gave it to me. The second option is what WE wanted..you go to unlock drivers door and all doors unlock (passengers and hatch). There is 3rd option which I can't understand....if you go up to passengers door with FOB it will unlock that door and hatch I think (this is from memory which isn't that great so don't hold me on that one). Anyway, each option has it's own beep pattern when you do the holding panic/unlock to change it. I only remember 2 beeps is correct. So---cycle through if you don't hear the one you want by doing same procedure again.
    Please let me know if this helps.

12. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Tracy, I hope you don't think I was being mean to you. If I was, it wasn't intentional.

The Prius is a complex car, with all kinds of "secret mumbo-jumbo" hidden tricks, like programming how the doors respond to an unlock touch, or turning off the seat-belt beeps. Maybe some of us who have been playing with our cars longer than others forget how mystifying and frustrating the early days of discovery can be.

Sorry if you thought we were picking on you. I have to disagree with pjm877 though. There are stupid questions! Those are the ones we have and don't ask.

13. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

I FINALLY figured it out!! Thanks to ones who helped me out!

14. benighted

benighted New Member

The third option unlocks all the doors when you touch the drivers door but doesn't unlock the hatch. Or is that the option that unlocks each one individually?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.