1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Unlocking passenger door behind driver

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Northernguy, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Northernguy

Northernguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Lately I've found it very annoying not to be able to unlock the passenger door behind the driver. I have the Prius v 5 and all the doors open except for that one. I find this kind of strange because many times I'll have a bag that I want to place in the back seat. So I'm wondering, is it possible to unlock this door using just the drivers door handle? I have already gone through some settings on my screen under vehicle, but can't find a way to change it. Anyone out there know if it is possible to get all the Prius doors to open with one simple grasp of the handle? If so could you go through it step by step?

2. Jzerocsk

Jzerocsk Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    If you have it set so that all the doors unlock when you grab the driver door handle, and that one door is still staying locked, it may be a problem with the actuator.

3. CCM

CCM Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Maybe the child lock

4. schinia

schinia Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    as i take it, (i don't have the advanced tech package) opening all the doors can be achieved. it has to be done at the dealer.

5. Northernguy

Northernguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I learned from another blog site that if you hold down both the unlock and lock buttons (on the square remote control) at the same time, and wait for the car to beep at you, that will change the door setting from only unlocking the drivers door to unlocking all four doors plus the hatch. When you think about it, it makes sense to have that as an easy changeable option. If you were alone in a parking ramp, you probably wouldn't want all the doors to open at once. But if your from a little town in Wisconsin, you most likely would like the convenience of having all the doors open at the same time. I believe it should work for all the Prius v models.

6. schinia

schinia Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    thank you very much! it worked. i looked in all the books but could not find the solution in any of them. unless i surely missed it. oh well, thank you again.

Northernguy likes this.