1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

unplug center speaker

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by atown636, Feb 26, 2020.

1. atown636

atown636 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 06 with JBL.

center speaker rattles at any music above 25 in the volume indicator, and even lower if there is any vocal (ex: radio commercial)

So ive been trying to find a replacement, with no luck. someone recommended unplugging it... would this cause any problems?

only ask, because when i purchased the car, the previous owner, had forgot to plug in the driver side rear tweeter, and it made both rear woofers speakers not work. plug the tweeter in, & the woofers work.

Also ive been reading a lot about people describing great bass, and overall good quality from the JBL system. I don't find that to be true, about the bass or the overall sound. is there something else wrong with my system???

2. atown636

atown636 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    for anyone who finds this post, and has the same question, you can unplug the center speaker (if it is blown), and it will not cause any problems with your audio system

C Wagner, SFO and davecook89t like this.
  3. C Wagner

C Wagner Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Also, be sure to see the "how to repair the foam in 2004-2005 Gen II speakers"" thread. I think this is my issue : JBL speaker repair | PriusChat