1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Unremovable optional options

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by evebill8, Mar 11, 2012.

1. evebill8

evebill8 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I went to test drive the Prius c today. The drive was okay. It feels like the same as my Scion xB 2005. I decide to buy one because it is greener than my xB. I wanted to get the package 4. After the tax and fees, the statement shows $27k+. I was wondering why because the website shows only $23k+. I look at it closely. There are some optional packages that I must buy which are the alloy wheels, carpest, and moonroof. I ask the salesman if I can exclude those options, and he said no. Finally, I walked. Is it normal that the consumer cannot remove those options? If I cannot remove them, why Toyota calls them options?

2. formula

formula Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    you can remove them if you order a new one from toyota. those options comes with that car when they built it in Japan.

you can remove all that options if you order a brand new one and it may takes couple months because the C is selling very good in Japan. they are making about 30,000 units monthly and they received 120,000 orders(Feb) in Japan. lol

I reversed a C III and the base price is $21635 and options are $1465 and $760 destination charge. total is $23860.

options = moonroof and 15inch alloy. $850 and $390

3. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Toyota likes to package certain things together, whether you like it or not your opinion means almost nothing to a company as large as Toyota, and the way things are packaged can vary by region of the country as well.

Supply and demand, if there is low supply and high demand, such as the case for newly introduced or redesigned models, you should expect high prices and you better take whats available. If there is a high supply and low demand, such as an ugly car or one that's going to be redesigned soon, you've got lots of cars to shop from lots of dealerships so you'll be able to get the car exactly the way you want it at a very nice price.

4. Mister MMT

Mister MMT Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Keep your xB 6 months longer waiting until the hype has fallen.

5. StaceyD

StaceyD New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I also just bought a III but I added leather. Adding the leather was 950 bucks but I didn't have to pay for the moonroof which I DO NOT want. No other stuff added, base stuff from III trim. 25.3k out the door. Taxes and everything else included.

6. vinnie97

vinnie97 Whatever Works

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    $22,167.09 for a II in my case, so I think I got punked, but dealerships have a way of wearing you down (especially the waiting), and the Cs were literally selling as I was on the premises. I just noticed that my contract included "Theft Deterent Reg" (typo for deterrent, I am sure) for $399. I didn't ask for it nor was it even mentioned to me, but this is optional, yes? Will be inquiring about its removal upon delivery.

7. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    If that's out the door - you did better than I did by almost $800. Full MSRP here in the land of Aloha plus $978 Hawaii excise tax and @$249 license, registration and other fees.

8. vinnie97

vinnie97 Whatever Works

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Yea, that was total before the subtraction of the trade-in value (on which I got even more slighted, they only gave me just under fair value on a 2010 liftback with under 16,000 miles...they let me keep it for now since it's my only transportation, how generous! I think I'll take a mini roadtrip or two and say my long goodbye ;)).

9. Sunkiss'd C

Sunkiss'd C Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One

10. vinnie97

vinnie97 Whatever Works

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Line item #29 below said fees, so after.

I'm actually in UT now, lower cost of living may be coming into play here. Yea, he wouldn't budge from the sticker price (told me they were charging above in Las Vegas). I should perhaps be counting my blessings. ;-)

Does anybody have a Theft Deterrent Reg fee or similar? Usually, this is presented as optional in my hazy recollection.

11. redbluff

redbluff Junior Member

I bought package I C in North Carolina yesterday and got $1K off sticker. They only had two C's on the lot.

12. strongbad

strongbad Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  13. evebill8

evebill8 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes, I should wait for few more months.

14. formula

formula Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    your is III with leather? I think only IV have the leather option?

15. B. Roberts

B. Roberts Hypah Milah! Ayuh.

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The few c discounts that we are hearing about aren't going to hold too long. As supply diminishes, and if gas prices go up, you can count on a run on these little jewels. Unless a miracle happens.

I hate to even write this, but we might start to see the hated price premiums tagged on to the cs pretty soon. Dealerships will eventually figure it out. Right now, the price vs size of the c might be keeping this from happening. We'll have to see how sales ramp up in the next few week as more people find out the high MPG figures this car is capable of.

16. BrunoPuntzJones

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    IV
    Likely aftermarket.

Mine doesn't. Ours both came from Gulf States Toyota (distributor to the South). Is it a dealer installed option?

17. vinnie97

vinnie97 Whatever Works

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    It might be, but the car hasn't arrived yet. I'll be bringing it up with them this afternoon.

18. evebill8

evebill8 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Do you guys really like the performance of c? My wife complains it drives like my 1.5L xB. My main complaint is it is not cheap. If I go for the Prius c package 4 with the moonroof, alloy wheels, and carpets, it is about the price of the regular Prius package 3 2011.

19. outhouse

outhouse Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona

ya their sneaking it in, have them remove it. its just stickers, they will try and tell you a bunch of crap but its not needed.

it cost us 8 bucks and is optional on the contract depending on what state you live in.

stickers will be on door panels and have a code that etches into the paint and they register it with the nation crime bureau

20. outhouse

outhouse Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona

I love mine, but i wanted smaller, and better fuel economy.

it does ride better then the XB hands down. it has a heavier feel.

it sucks the normal prius went up so much in price from japan. We used to be able to sell them at the end of the year for right around 20k now your best deals are right at 23,488. [and thats on a oddball color like black or red since theres a few left but even those are going fast.

If you want one [C] without mark up, when more come in, ill sell you one. We never mark them up a dime. I can even be competitive since I do fleet. Theres just no profit in these little cars, so dont expect a huge discount. we had four off the truck and they all sold in 3 days.

mine at a 100 over, 2 went at sticker, 1 we dealer traded for a regular prius.