1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Up dating 2011 Prius GPS maps

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Charlie Brown, May 8, 2016.

1. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    Three
    I consider my self tech savy but wow nothing but smoke and BS when it comes to trying to update the soft ware on my Prius.
    Lots of people selling CDs that claim to up date it, can it be as simple as putting in a disk and letting it up date? Should be but the dealer wants hundreds of dollars to do it VS paying under $30.00 for a CD seems crazy.

Can the system be up dated to a 2016 software any body help here?

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

In a 2011 I think you probably have a "generation 6" nav unit (but you haven't really given much detail, so be sure you do check before you buy anything) ... presumably it has an INFO button where you can touch "Map Data" and it will tell you what version you have.

If it's the type of nav I'm thinking of, there will also be an 'eject' button on that screen, which will make your old nav dvd pop out. Then you just pop a newer one in.

If you do have the "generation 6" unit as I am guessing, the updated disk you want is part number 86271-GEN06-15. From the online Toyota dealers I can see, you can pick one up for about $150.

There are a bunch of non-dealer sellers advertising the same thing (even with labels that look the same as far as the pictures show) for "hmm"-inspiringly low prices. I enjoyed reading the terms and conditions of one of those sellers, where they say they won't let you return the DVD because DVDs are too easy to duplicate. Which, being translated, means "nononono, we can't have you doing the same thing we did!"

For a disk that's all map and no "hmm", it looks like around $150 at the online dealers will be the right number.

-Chap

Robert Holt likes this.
  3. Jushesa

Jushesa New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you very much for sharing the information.

4. Jushesa

Jushesa New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    Three
    News to me and this is helpful.